Author Topic: Walking while eating  (Read 3175 times)

Offline Sullivan

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Walking while eating
« on: September 03, 2005, 02:54:43 pm »
Whenever Seamus eats he puts a huge bite in his mouth and then wanders around.  He spills food out of his mouth ALL over the house.  It is so annoying and we can't make him sit still.  Does anyone else's dog do this?  If so, any suggestions to make him stop?

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Re: Walking while eating
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2005, 06:18:15 pm »
LOL..........w hen Keiko was younger she used to do this alot, and it used to drive my roommates crazy.  Although she would grab a mouthful of food, walk away, spit out the mouthful and eat them off the floor.  My roommate would be walking across the room later, and step on a missed piece of kibble, start screaming and jumping on one foot.  I'm sure that Keiko was amused, but my roommates were not.

She eventually grew out of it.  Although I do know of some adult dogs that continue doing that.

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2005, 02:36:14 pm »
Tulsa is a 'Grazer'.
She'll go to her bowl, grab a bite, and then wander to another spot to lie down and eat.
Usually somewhere she can keep an 'eye' on me!
She finishes her snack and retreats to her den, the cool tile on the bathroom floor.
Dogs are 'Funny'!
J
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman

Offline Jeska

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2005, 03:23:01 pm »
My old dog kinda used to do that. He didn't like eating on tile and would take a mouthful go to the carpet and spit it out and eat off the carpet. He never did grow out of it we were just lucky he didn't usually leave any pieces behind.

Offline Kirsten

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2005, 03:30:04 pm »
she would grab a mouthful of food, walk away, spit out the mouthful and eat them off the floor. 

Shakes does exactly this.  At first we thoguht it was because his food was in the kitchen and we were in the living room, but he continued to do it even when we moved the food into the living room.  So then we thoguht maybe it was because he didn't like his raised food dish, so we put in on the floor, but no change.  He finally stoped this week, but only after his e-collar came off, AND we put the food back in the kitchen, AND back up on the raised stand..... what a goof ball.