1 (9.1%)
Lofranco's Infallible Virtue
0 (0%)
Lofranco's Isn't She Lovely
8 (72.7%)
Lofranco's Image of Perfection
2 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: The Name Game  (Read 5289 times)

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
The Name Game
« on: September 05, 2005, 01:41:45 pm »
We are picking up our new girl tomorrow and need to pick a registered name for her, we will choose her call name when she is here and we find one that suits her.  We are all grumbling over the names the other throws in for suggestion so I am putting the top 5 up and would like everyone's help in choosing one.  The name has to begin with an "I" .  I liked Lofranco's Iustitia Omnibus.  Iustitia Omnibus means "Justice for all"  However the rest of the family feels that the word itself is just to strange sounding.  So that one is out  :(  please help us make a decision on this one! :)
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Re: The Name Game
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2005, 03:14:57 pm »
Here are some cool "I" names:

IANNA   God is Gracious   Celtic/Gaelic

IBTESAM   Smiling                 Arabic

IDA   Hardworking          German

ILONA   Beautiful, sunshine  Hungarian

INA   Pure                     Greek

INARI   Successful one      Japanese

INDIRA   God of Heaven & Thunderstorms   Hindi

INOKE   Devoted               Hawaiian

IOLANI   Royal Hawk        Hawaiian

IPO   Darling                    Hawaiian

ISABIS   Something Beautiful   African

ISAURA   Soft Air               Greek

ISRA   Freedom                 Turkish

ISTAS   Snow                   Native American

BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2005, 03:18:03 pm »
I like so many of them it is hard to choose, and to find the right one for a registered name that actually sounds ok has always given me a headache!  Did you see the poll we started to help us out?  I am going to have to print out the names you both put in there.  We will be looking for her "everyday" name starting tomorrow.  We want to see her personality etc.. Before choosing.  It may take longer than a week.  I hope not!  Beauty was "pup" forever it seemed before we made a choice.  Aidan too.  Last time I checked the poll it looked like Lofranco's Isn't she Lovely was winning!  I like that one!
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2005, 03:20:48 pm »
oops, sorry.   :-[  I missed the poll.  I was looking around for the name choices, but I'm still getting used to the site layout.   ::)   I'll go vote now.   lol   
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2005, 03:32:18 pm »
Don't apologize!  I have a folder of good names, and had to print the last two replies, one was yours.  It is funny, when trying to pick a name, nothing comes to mind, but everyone else has wonderful ideas!  Shana
Storm Jameson

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2005, 06:39:06 pm »
THANKS!  See the new post titled new baby girl for her pictures!  Just arrived home 45 minutes ago.
Storm Jameson