Author Topic: People United Against Puppy Mills  (Read 21126 times)

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: People United Against Puppy Mills
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2005, 08:56:22 pm »
I would NEVER get a dog at a pet store especially after what happened to a friend of mine. She bought a dog from a pet store and 2 days later it died, it had blood sugar problems and it was only 8 wks old. She did not even get her money back nor did they offer to replace the dog. She did not tell me at first where she purchased the dog, then when I passed she finally told me, I explained the puppy mill issue to her and she could not believe what I was telling her, I then told her that if she had gone to a reputible breeder and anything like that happened that she would have been offered another puppy, now she has bought 2 dogs and the owner of the pet store did not even give her half a refund or anything!

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2005, 10:05:07 pm »
 ;D..Good for you!...So many people complain...Too few people DO anything about it!...I felt good just reading your post describing how it was!...Right on!!!!!

Offline bigpawsadmin

• Michael~
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Dog Chomper
  • This is Bear
    • View Profile
    • Website - www.michaelandjaime.com
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2005, 10:37:10 pm »
Hey I'm a Nascar fan too! Tho I can't really admit it around here as my circle of friends and family are Nascar haters.

Anyway, great job Sue. Keep us posted. And indeed, we should try to raise some money! How new is your group?

Jen, that is a really sad situation in your neighborhood there. How big is the outfit? Do you think they have been exposed yet? Or do the townsfolk even care? Do you think your local news paper would pick up the story if you had photos?
Just trying to keep the bugs off the board!

Offline Sue M.

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2005, 05:35:51 pm »
Our group was started about 2 months ago. So we're new to this. Well I am anyway. Some of the people in the group have been battling puppy mills for a long time. We were supposed to demonstrate at a different pet store tomarrow(Sat.) but it was canceled. We're planning to demonstrate every 2 weeks at different places, pet stores, kennels, puppy mills and events where we can set up tables. The Puppy Mills themselves are a little more difficult. Alot of them are located back farm lanes and the only place to stand is at the road where there isn't much of a berm along the road and we can't be on their property. We'll figure something out though. I'm really glad to have all of your support. It's going to be a tough battle. We're working on purchasing yard signs that I'm hoping to post for sale. Right now we're trying to see what we need to get a mass amount made. That's the only way we'll be able to get the cost down. I'll let you all know when we get it figured out.
Our group has put up a Website that is under construction right now but if any one wants to see it, it is

www.unitedagai nstpuppymills. org  
« Last Edit: April 29, 2005, 05:41:25 pm by Sue M. »
Terry, Sue
Cassie and Koda too!
Rebel, Katie Girl and Bear Bear- waiting for us at the Bridge.

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2005, 06:47:25 pm »
Keep up the good work! It is a long road but definitely worth it. Let us know when the website is ready, I can think of a lot of people that need that information.
Tasha

Offline Sue M.

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2005, 06:57:24 pm »
Tasha,
You can get to the website now but not through that link. You have to type it in the internet search manually. Just type in info from the www through to the .org. That should get you there.
Terry, Sue
Cassie and Koda too!

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2005, 10:27:43 pm »
Good Luck tomorrow, I will be thinking of you, and in heart be there with you. This and a lot of other issues when it comes to human treatment towards animals and against cruelty is something that is very near and dear to my heart. We need to fight this in so many different areas. Everything from lobbying to try and get better laws, to pulling animals from kill shelters. I am working in rescue too, and well you see so much more than you ever wanted, before I moved here I lived in Sweden, there I was very active in an org. called " the nordic foundation against cruelty to animals" Even though we dont have the same problems with way way too many dogs and cats, we dont even have shelters the way US have. So that part of it is quite okay there, but we went out to kennels, breeders, farmers and everything else you can think of when there were complaints, then worked with police or state to get that particular person to change or have the animals taken away. But the worst I think was the work with the animals in clinical labs. We were lobbying very hard for a change of laws, when and for what and how animals could be used in clinical tests. Also how they should be kept while in the testing. The law was giving a lot of room for testings that could really be done by other methods, if only they wanted to spend a few extra dollar. The pictures of these animals are still haunting me, I spent a loooot of sleepless nights thinking about them. So no matter where we choose to volonteer, as long as we do, and as long as we speak up when we think things are dead wrong, we are making a difference even if it may take a long time before it can be noticed. The one thing we can never do is to stop. They need us and we are their voices, we should use them and speak up loud and clear to make things change, to make the ones who supposedly make the laws and rules listen. wow hehe did I get carried away there. I just get soooo upset every time I think about these issues, so I cant help myself so when you have had enough just tell me to shut up lol....

Again Good Luck

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline Sue M.

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2005, 04:36:35 am »
No Marit, you can go on as much as you like!  ;) The situation and similar situations may be different but it all comes down to the same thing: Animal Abuse! Your right, the animals can't speak for themselves so we all need to speak out for them!
It sounds like you've seen alot of abuse streching from one side of the world to the other. It is maddening that people can set aside the fact that the animals  are God's creatures and they disregard the fact that they are a living, feeling, compassionate animals that respond to love; when  personal gain is involved!
Our demonstration was canceled for today (Sat.30th). It's expected to rain csats and dogs all day here in Eastern Pa. Our next scheduled Demo is on May 14th. Hopefully, we'll be able to get the Media interest. That will be vital in successfully creating Public Awareness! Thanks so much for your support!
Sue M.
Terry, Sue
Cassie and Koda too!

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2005, 09:34:04 am »
I am sorry to hear that you couldnt go today, mind you if it is anything there as it is here now, you dont want to be out there, here in NC it is raining, not only cats and dogs, I would say it is al least raining Old English Mastiffs and Lions lol.... And I can hear the thunder comin too, so I guess I will be off here in a little while.

May 14, great day!! right inbetween my birthday and our best friends wedding, so three important days in a row lol....

Okay now it is getting real close, getting off before my comp is blowing up.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog