Author Topic: Frontline vs Revolution  (Read 4466 times)

Kiahpyr

Frontline vs Revolution
« on: September 06, 2005, 03:44:14 pm »
I was wondering what kind of flea & heartworm preventative everyone uses. I'm curious because the other day I found a flea on Kiah. I'm using Revolution which also has heartworm preventative in it. It's cheaper then using Frontline & Heartguard. However the revolution soaks into the skin and gets to the bloodstream. The flea has to bite the dog to become sterile. With Frontline the flea has to jump on the dog for this to happen. I have three cats indoors only. I don't put flea stuff on them, so I had to go buy flea preventative. It's expensive with three cats. I have had two flea outbreaks from my brother's dogs. They're not allowed in my house ever again. My brother always claims that they don't have fleas. I don't want to deal with fleas ever again. Think I might switch to frontline & heartguard. It maybe worth the extra money.

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
Re: Frontline vs Revolution
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2005, 03:48:31 pm »
Because you have cats I would go with the frontline, that way it is cheaper in the long run as you don't have to treat your cat's as well at your pup  ;D
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2005, 03:54:54 pm »
I use frontline and heartgaurd, and since I started using it I have never once found a tick on Zoey
RIP former BPO

Offline dgodden5459

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2005, 03:59:56 pm »
I use Frontline Plus on all of the dogs and cats. It seems to work the best for me.
Deb

Gretchen the Rottie
Buttons the LLhasa
Macie who knows?

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2005, 04:21:44 pm »
Thanks for the reminder message....I just put Frontline on Chester and one of the cats (the one I could find!) ;D.  Frontline seems to work fine for Chester and the cats but I use Advantix on Cowboy since there's something in that for mosquitoes and he can't take Heartguard.  The HUGE disadvantage with Advantix is that it kills cats so I only put it on him at our cabin where the cats don't go.  My vet warned me up and down to keep it away from the cats!!!  Hopefully you get control of it fast....ewwww:  fleas!

Anakalia

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2005, 05:50:01 pm »
We used to use Frontline on all our animals, before I became a Family Wellness Consultant. lol  Now I freak whenever I see a chemicals in products so I use an all natural spray on my 2 dogs.  It actually keeps the fleas and ticks away and haven't had a problem with either pests this summer. Koby has some skin issues so I don't want to put chemicals on him or have fleas biting him so this works the best for us.  Plus the stuff I spray on him leaves his fur shiny and soft and gets rid of the doggie odor.  I do beleive Frontline is a good product though, and if I wasn't so health concious I would probably still use it.  I have heard bad things about Bio-Spot or Heartz (sp?) flea and tick products so IMO I'd stay away from those.

Andi

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2005, 11:39:20 pm »
I use frontline & heartgard...Ho wever, I found a small tick under each dog's eye in the past 4 days...Pippin was due but Sammy doesn't get treated until the 14th!