Author Topic: Stupid people making stupid life a stupid living h*ll  (Read 10611 times)

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Stupid people making stupid life a stupid living h*ll
« on: September 07, 2005, 03:17:26 pm »
Today just keeps getting suckier and suckier.  Job hunting blows and I'm behind on my car payments.  Well today I put Sanity out on the Cable run.  He's been taking off when I let him out, so we've been putting him on a run.  Well the seven year old from next door, (tenants on the other side of the duplex my grandparent's own) who has had NOTHING to do with him before, never even petted him or anything, decided she was going to take him for a walk.  She took gift ribbon tied one end around his neck and the other around her wrist and took him off the run.  Well of course he takes off, and drags her around, she rips her chest and chin up on the asphalt on the driveway and the gravel inthe culvert, not to mention that her wrist was cut up from the ribbon.  I heard the ruckus (I was upstairs faxing stuff for jobs) andgo running to see what was going on and as soon as I got to the window the kid realized what was going on and starts screaming.  As soon as Sanity hears her, he stops and starts to lick her.  Apparently this is where the mother looks and sees Sanity "Attacking" her daughter.  She freaks out says that she's going to sue us, that Sanity's vicious and shouldn't be allowed around people, blah blah.  I couldn't even deal with her because I would just make it worse.  I call Sanity to me and I see his neck is all ripped up from the F***ing ribbon.  I'm so furious right now.  I can't believe that this kid can be this obnoxious and my dog is supposed to suffer for it?

ARGHHHHHHHHHHH HHH

Ang
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Blair

Re: Stupid people making stupid life a stupid living h*ll
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005, 03:22:22 pm »
Ang I am sorry  :'( Stupid people really do suck, huh?

Kiahpyr

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2005, 03:24:24 pm »
That sucks! I hate that other people don't watch their kids or teach them responsibility .

Icerotti

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2005, 03:26:09 pm »
People..... ::)

Anakalia

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2005, 03:27:49 pm »
Ang it's really hard for me not to feel sorry for the little girl because it sounds like she's really hurt and well... I have a daughter so my motherly feelings kick in, but then I think...... hey my daugher would never do such a stupid thing to begin with!!  I'm sorry you had a crappy day.  Hopefully Nee's not to tremendously traumatized by it and hope his neck heals soon.  Give him big hugs and kisses from me! :-*  And I'll keep my fingers crossed that the stupid parents don't take any further action or cause problems for you.

Andi

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2005, 03:35:01 pm »
Ang it's really hard for me not to feel sorry for the little girl because it sounds like she's really hurt and well... I have a daughter so my motherly feelings kick in, but then I think...... hey my daugher would never do such a stupid thing to begin with!!  I'm sorry you had a crappy day.  Hopefully Nee's not to tremendously traumatized by it and hope his neck heals soon.  Give him big hugs and kisses from me! :-*  And I'll keep my fingers crossed that the stupid parents don't take any further action or cause problems for you.

Andi

Honey don't feel bad about feeling bad for her.  She is a child, and if her mom wasn't being so anal about it it would be a different story.  It was a kid being stupid, as we've all been at one time or another but her mom took it to a whole new and evil level.

Ang
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

GR8DAME

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2005, 03:45:23 pm »
Andi, I have kids too, and I can sympathize to some degree with the little girl, as I do with my own when they hurt themselves, even through their own stupidity.
  But at the same time I have to ask, where was the concerned parent when this little girl is wandering around, and hasn't anyone ever taught her that if it isn't yours and you don't ask, you don't touch it? When do people take responsibility for their own (and Children's) actions?
If they choose to press the issue, I would have plenty of pictures of Sanity's injuries as well, after all, their child cause the problem by taking Sanity off of the run, and had they controlled their child the injuries to niether of them would have taken place.
Stella

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2005, 03:46:25 pm »
Yeah, I feel bad for the little girl AND for Sanity.  I can understand how the mom might have panicked at first, but it seems like once she noticed the ribbon around Sanity's neck, she might have clued in to what happened.

Ang, maybe when everyone has calmed down, you should check with the mom to see how the little girl is doing?  I know you hate her right now, but it might be a nice "good will" gesture. 

If she is still ranting about how Sanity is the Evil Killer Dog from H*ll, then maybe you two can have a nice, calm, rational conversation about how it was an accident, how HER child untied YOUR dog, how your dog was injured as well, etc.?

I'm sorry this happened - Sanity didn't do it on purpose!
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2005, 03:52:46 pm »
I feel bad for you, Sanity & the little girl though, I'm sorry if this upsets anyone, it's a hard lesson learned for her...I am certain my almost 7 & 8 yr. old would never do that because they've been taught to not only respect other people's stuff but animals too...I hope this blows over but I'd take pics of Sanity's neck & write everything down that happened so you don't forget anything in case anything comes of it!

GR8DAME

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2005, 03:54:28 pm »
I agree with Jaz, in today's suit-happy society, document and CYA.
Stella

Offline Rocky's 'Rents

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2005, 05:50:03 pm »
I'm w/ Jacksmom, what kind of mother leaves her 7 year old unsupervised long enough for this to happen.  The kid did a dumb thing and I'm sure the moment she released Sanity from his run she realized what a mistake she made.  My children were always taught never to approach any animal alone, especially a dog they have never been socialized to that was tied in his own yard.  I don't know about dumb people but this mother sure is a dumb person!!! I think she reacted that way to cover up her own negligence!!!

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2005, 06:07:44 pm »
I have been in a situation before where the little kid next door started letting herself into my fenced yard without asking. She was always outside playing by herself, I don't know who was responsible for her, but when I realized what was going on I just couldn't leave my dogs outside unsupervised anymore. Not only could my dogs easily plow her over (out of joy) but also they could have gotten right past her out the gate and headed for the hills! I had to tell that little girl myself that it is very rude (not to mention dangerous) to go into someone else's yard without being invited. I don't live there anymore but I know the people who moved in have several pit bulls, and all I can do is hope she learned her lesson! And I hope those dogs like children!

I hope you can work it out with the neighbor, that is a really hard situation to be in.

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2005, 06:46:26 pm »
I have been in a situation before where the little kid next door started letting herself into my fenced yard without asking.
That's why we have padalocks on all of our gates...I know someone could still climb the fence but we have done everything we can to keep people out that aren't invited in!

Icerotti

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2005, 06:49:09 pm »
We paddlock our gates too :-\

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2005, 06:54:21 pm »
What a horrible situation.  The girl, and her mother, are lucky there weren't more serious injuries, not only to the girl, but to Sanity as well.

I don't think the mother would have any kind of a case if she did decide to do something.  Jacksmom said it very well.  For the first two points alone, there would be no case.

I also cannot believe a child so young is allowed to wander the neighborhood.  I see it all the time here.......... ...kids are everywhere unsupervised.  I've almost ran over several playing in the street.  One little girl, about 5 yrs old came right up to my car to see the dogs as I was backing out of the driveway!!!  I don't know what is going thru some parent's minds these days.