Author Topic: Cat Food  (Read 8341 times)

GYPSY JAZMINE

Re: Cat Food
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2005, 10:04:26 am »
Yes Gypsy, I do believe they are Maine Coon mixes.  They look just like a Maine Coon only smaller I think.  When I first took Addie in (She was living under my deck in my old condo.)  She was in horrible shape.  It was -30 degree celcius weather and her fur was totally matted and her neck was bald from the mattes getting stuck on things and being ripped out!!!  I fed her outside for five months before she would let me touch her.  I took her into the vet on the first day and they told me she was a girl so I changed her name to Addie from Eddy.  I had called her Eddy all of that time.  I got her shaved the next day at the groomers.  I had to have her drugged in order to get it done.  I've had her now for 2 years and she's the sweetest thing.  I call her my little gift from god.  She kisses me every night and every morning.  WHat a little doll.
They look like Maine Coons to me too...M.C.'s are such sweet cats!...My Miss Fritzi just loves the be petted but not held!...If you stop petting her & she is not done being petted she will nip you affectionatly or grab at your hand with her paw!...lol!

Kiahpyr

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2005, 11:12:54 am »
Thanks for all the info. I've decided to try Felidae. It's made by the same people who make Canidae dog food. I'm also going to try Canidae for Kiah and supplement the glucosamine. I take a vitamin everyday and so does my daughter. Hopefully it won't be to hard to remember Kiah also.

Offline Saintly Girl

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Maxwell
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2005, 08:23:36 am »
It's funny you should say that Gypsy.  My Addie does the same thing.  She bites without really biting you.  Just kinda holds your hand in her mouth when you stop petting her.  My Addie is a real cuddle bug now.  She sleeps in bed with us and kisses us good night and good morning.  She also has the trademark Maine Coon Chirp.  It's sounds something like a very cute er sound and when she does it you can kinda tell what she's saying.  When you look at her and say Hi Addie.  She does her little chirp in resonse and I'd swear to god she was saying hi back.  It's very unique and my Gracie doesn't so it at all.  I heard that Maine Coons are known for their chirp.