Author Topic: Biospot  (Read 2970 times)

Offline Carolyn

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Biospot
« on: September 09, 2005, 02:35:08 pm »
Good product or waste of money? $70 VS $25 for 2 months 3 dogs. I need to order flea/tick stuff. Frontline & the others are so expensive. I'd really like to save a few bucks but like they say "you get what you pay for". Input greatly appreciated.
Carolyn
Carolyn

Offline dgodden5459

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Re: Biospot
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005, 08:05:14 pm »
I haven't used the Biospot. Frontline Plus is what I use and I love it. Living in the country we have a lot of ticks and fleas and this seems to do a great job. :D
Deb

Gretchen the Rottie
Buttons the LLhasa
Macie who knows?

Offline nohesnotahorse

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2005, 09:32:51 pm »
I am planning to try the biospot stuff when the Adams I am currently using runs out.  I was using the Frontline Plus, but it basically stopped working for me about 6  months ago.  I've used it for several years and never had any fleas and then about 6 months ago it seemed like it didn't last even a week anymore.  By the time I got to the end of the box, i was doing good if it got rid of the fleas  for even a few days.  I finally started using the Adams Mist at the suggestion of a friend and that has gotten things under control.  It is a pain to use, because the boys hate it andyou have to use it every week. 
A friend who works where I get my dog food suggested the Biospot , which they had just started selling, so i plan to try it when my current supply of Adams runs out.  If anyone knows anything about it, I'd like to know also.

Tom
Tom, Overwhelmed, Overrun and Overruled by Feste, Chance and Puck!
'Aide toi et Dieu t'aidera.' (God helps those who help themselves.)
'Fortes fortuna juvat.' (Fortune favors the brave.)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2005, 10:45:44 pm »
I'm using "Flea tabs" for Chester and Cowboy which are just Vitamin B in liver flavoring.  They love the tabs...but Chester also gets frontline plus..since ticks, to me are absolutely disgusting!!! Cowboy gets Advantix since that repels mosquitos as well and he can't take Heartgard.  So far it's all working!

Kiahpyr

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2005, 03:45:09 pm »
My sil who owns her own grooming salon said it's a good product. You can check out Dr Foster & Smith's website. They have some info about the different topical flea prevention stuff. Here's the link http://www.drsfostersmith.com/pic/category_summary.cfm?dept_id=0&siteid=12&acatid=275.

I used to use revolution. Now I use frontline. This is the first month using frontline, so we'll have to see how it works. Kiah keeps picking up fleas in the yard. Any ideas on what is good for the yard that won't harm Kiah?