Author Topic: Hubby finally picked a name!  (Read 13130 times)

GR8DAME

Re: Hubby finally picked a name!
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2005, 08:54:00 pm »
Absolutely, Newflvr! If you expect me to pay the bill, then you'd better find a corner that I can stand in while you do your thing. The same kid had a growth removed from his eyelid, and he insisted that he be awake, under a local, and that I be there. I was suited up and in the OR for the whole proceedure. That's extreme, but since he was only 11 at the time they allowed it.
Stella

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2005, 09:00:13 pm »
Yep, Stella, I'm with you.  I am an alpha "female dog" where my kids and animals are concerned.  I've never had to suit up to go in to an OR with the kids but have many times been in with the animals while they do procedures!  They are more comfortable if I'm there so that's just what has to happen! ;D

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2005, 10:16:15 pm »
I've had teeth pulled both by being put to sleep, and staying awake (wisdom teeth asleep, teeth pulled for braces awake).  They must not have used enough general anesthetic, but from the sound of it, it might be better to go to a dental surgeon or adult dentist who can have him sleep thru.  Much less traumatic that way.

I did have to be strapped down once to get stitches on my head when I was 4.  NOT a fun experience.  The did not use enough general, and I could feel everything.  I still remember it to this day, and my head hurts.  I remember being very angry that I was missing Bambi playing in the waiting room, and that my brother got to watch it and I didn't.

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2005, 05:38:55 pm »
Thanks guys for the support.  I felt like a psycho maniac yesterday.  I told my husband if I was not careful my nursing license would be pulled for assault!  Seriously, I did not go that far, but I was so steamed, I made my feelings clear, and cried all the way home.  I HATE it when I get so angry I bawl like a baby.....Needl ess to say our little guy went to a special dentist who only does this type of thing 2 hours from us.  They took 2 1/2 hours and during this time, they took "complimentary xrays " of all teeth to be sure there was no other trouble, and there was not.  They cleaned his teeth, let him check out the equiptment, and let him handle it, with EASY to understand explanations of their use, USED GAS THANK GOD! and "wiggled" his molar out.  I was given a copy of the xrays they took, and my son walked out of there a HUGE molar intact down to the roots in a little orange treasure chest.  Steve said he cried for a while as it was sore and infected and no ammount of novacaine would keep it totally numb during the extraction, but icecream pitstop , and he walked through the door with a smile on his face.  I must have called the dental office 5 times today to make sure they were not going to restrain my child, and they were very understanding, I am sure eyes were rolled after each call!  LOL!  Needless to say we are shopping for a new dentist in town!  Shana
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2005, 05:42:55 pm »
I'm so glad he came through it okay!  That's how we've all learned to fear the dentist.  Why don't they get that?  If you traumatize a kid enough, he'll never, ever trust someone to probe his mouth again.  I'm glad you made it through, Shana, and did do great bodily harm on someone!!! 

GR8DAME

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2005, 07:29:02 pm »
so glad to hear that all went well Shana. I agree with you, a little patience can avoid alot of trauma.
Stella

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2005, 03:19:41 am »
I'm so happy that you found a more understanding dentist!  I can't believe that they had wanted to strap him down.  :o  Hoping that he's feeling a lot better today! :)
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.