Author Topic: My first dane injury  (Read 5078 times)

Blair

My first dane injury
« on: September 13, 2005, 01:41:09 pm »
I was sitting in the chair and Grey and Zeus were playing right in front of me. When I went to go stand up Grey smaked me right under my nose on my lip with his big boney head. I got me off guard, so when he hit me I said a bad word  :-[ and Grey just ran to the couch and hid his head. I went to the bathroom to see the damage, my mouth is bleeding and my eyes are tearing up. My lip is already starting to swell up. Poor Grey, I went and give him so lovin to let him know i wasnt mad at him, but darn it hurts!!

Blair

Re: My first dane injury
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 01:47:39 pm »
LOL Grey isnt really that active so thats why I never got hurt before. And I think he was more scared than apologetic casue I yelled and I never yell at him. My eyes were alreay tearing right when he hite me, that boy has a very boney head LOL

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2005, 02:35:54 pm »
I have yet to receive a dan injury...cours e i don't think Willow would feel bad at all.

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 03:46:40 am »
Owwie!  I hope your lip is feeling better for work!

I've been lucky *knock on wood*.  Tenchi only injured me once.  Well, besides the normal stomped toes, tail bruising etc..  I was holding his longline when we had just moved earlier this year.  Unfortunately, Tenchi got the Zoomies and didn't remember that he was
1) on a longline  and
2) mommy was holding the end of the longline that he didn't know he was on....

So picture a short and round mommy going flying though the air(amazing feat!), and land in a cold, cold coooooold pile of snow and slush.  :o  OMG!  Then Tenchi proceeds to run over and splash in the slushie snow, trying to figure out  what the H E double hockey sticks his mommy is doing?  ???

Sorry I wasn't able to get back on yesterday.  Some transformer blew and we had no power, then it came back on and I ran upstairs to write you.  Then as soon as I pulled up Messenger and typed to you, it went back out again.   >:(  It kept doing this about 5 times before it finally came back on around 3:30.  However, by then the kids and Jay were home.  I said heck with it and then tried to take a nap.  Since by then I had a pounding headache.  :P  After that I actually fell asleep and slept until 4am!  lol I guess this weekend and 2 nights of little sleep finally caught up with me.   :-\  Hopefully I'll catch you before work today, if not then I'll ttyt, ok!  :)

BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Offline dahlberg

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2005, 01:33:58 pm »
After reading all theses injury stories, I thought it was about time I posted my story.  It was a nice winter afternoon in Central Georgia, I decided to take Zeus out for a wlak, but I changed it up a little and wore Roller Blades, let me be the first to say, Danes a very Fast!! well, after we had been out now more than 5 minutes, My wife decided to get in her car and drive the other direction to make sure we were ok, well when Zeus saw the car and recognized mommy, he went from sprint to stop in an instant, I however did not until I was ripped and thrown into the air only to land hard on my side, well, one surgery on my schoulder and months of rehab later, I am finally al healed.  Next injury not as bad but hurt like H@#L, playing wiht Zeus on the livingroom floor, he decides to lift his extremely hard head while I am lowering mine, and we connect, just about knocking me out, I instantly felt my eye swelling shut, I had to go to class the next day and explain to everyone My dog did it, of course no one believed me.

Have a great day!
Scott Dahlberg

one more thing, how do I attach pics to these replies?

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2005, 02:18:06 pm »
I had a similar rollerblading incident with my husky mix, but since this is about danes, I won't go into that.   ;)

My injury isn't nearly as dramatic as everyone else's.  Last month, Gunther was in trouble, and ran into the bedroom to hide.  I went in there to get him, and had him blocked, football style with me ready to grab him if he made a move to run out of the room.  Well, hubby thought I was playing a game with him and came up behind me.  Right as Gunther made his move, I went to grab him, and at the same time hubby grabbed me around the waist.  I missed Gunther and his knee or hip hit me right above my knee.  Left a pretty good sized bruise.  So really it wasn't Gunther's fault and I totally blame my husband for what happened.

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2005, 02:59:07 pm »
I haven't had any split lips yet (knock on wood) but I have had bruises and he slammed my finger in the cabinet when I was opening it to feed him (that was a bleeder too).  Tonka doesn't care at all when he injures me lol....so I have to say Mr Grey is very sweet to care soo much! ;D
I am kind of a big deal!

angelsmama

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2005, 04:31:14 pm »
lol.. i had a dog injury but it ended up getting a 2" screw in my shoulder.. never walk a 70lb lab mix on a 10ft chain :D

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2005, 11:35:21 pm »
HAHAHAHA Blair, about one month ago you posted to this thread about how you hadn't had your Dane Owie yet.  Heheheh Irony

http://www.bigpawsonly.com/index.php/topic,2680.0.html
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Blair

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2005, 11:38:47 pm »
LOL Ang...me and my big mouth  ::)

Offline GDBurrito

• Gnawer
  • " Life is Better with Animals"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2005, 07:07:21 pm »
 :o ;D HAHAHA i knew it!!! You are ucky that all you didnt get. My aunts dane was playing ball insie and her daughter bounced the ball and he went after it. needless to say as the ball bounced off my aunts butt.. cheif( the dane) bit down on what he thought was the ball.. yeah definantly my aunts butt. she couldnt sit on her right cheek for days!!! luckily it wasnt reall bad just some serious brusing and one or two punctures!!!

Offline hugo~monster

• Big Paw Certified
  • Giants- companion-protector-inspiration-friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2005, 12:55:42 pm »
LOL!  ouch!!!! i think we all have battle wounds to some extent!  thats they price we pay, like someone said.  your always hurt by the ones you love :)  byt the way dalhberg, nice shiner! ;)
~SHELLIE & HUGO~