Author Topic: Transport help needed ASAP  (Read 9314 times)

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Transport help needed ASAP
« on: September 20, 2005, 12:37:39 pm »
OK, you might have seen my post about the Champion Great Dane boys needing a home in case their breeder isn't taking them back.  Well she is taking them back and she wants them NOW!  (Owner screwed up very bad.)  She lives in Ontario Canada but is willing to drive as far as Nebraska.  She would go the whole way down, but she has a son with diabetes and the drive is 16 hours one way and she can't be gone longer.  I'm trying to get a transport to get these boys as far north as I can.

They're fawn litter mate boys, VERY well behaved, intact (As they're showing and breeding dogs), they just turned 4 years old.  They're in Las Vegas Nevada right now and need to get home in Thunder Bay, Ontario Canada ASAP as the breeder is concerned what the guy who has them now will do.  PLEASE either post to here or call me at my cell to help out.

These are the boys

http://www.geocities.com/shebandowans/boys.html

« Last Edit: October 06, 2005, 10:17:53 pm by Anky »
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Kiahpyr

Re: Transport help needed ASAP
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2005, 01:09:14 pm »
If someone can get them close I am in Nebraska and will help get them here to meet with the breeder. Did she say where she'll go in NE?

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2005, 01:14:36 pm »
She didn't tell me where in Nebraska she can go, she just said "I can only go as far as Nebraska"  (I had blood roaring through my ears at this guy so I wasn't really thinking to ask more questions).  She'll even provide gas reimbursment!  It's not a money issue, she just can't leave her son.  So please, if ANYONE in that line can help, or if you know a trucker who is going that way PLEASE PLEASE let me know! 

Ang

Kiahpyr

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2005, 01:16:15 pm »
Just let me know what I can do. I'm here to help.

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2005, 01:29:26 pm »
Thank you SO much! :D  Do you know of anyone that would be able/willing to help?

Ang

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2005, 01:40:16 pm »
Thank you SO much! :D  Do you know of anyone that would be able/willing to help?

Ang
My hubby drives truck but he runs from Iowa to the East Coast every week...I've asked him before if he knew anyone to help transport when he wasn't going that way & he didn't find much interest in helping. :( I know there is a newtwork of people who do this kind of thing but now I can't remember how to contact them...I will think hard on it or see if I can find info. at one of my groups...I really am praying they get to their breeder soon!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2005, 01:42:13 pm by GYPSY JAZMINE »

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2005, 01:53:21 pm »
Thanks Gypsy I appreciate it.  Moni wrote to her deaf dog room, and I'm hoping that they'll be able to help as well. 

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2005, 04:00:26 pm »
Freeeeeee   Gaaaaaasssssss ss............ ....  Well not really free, but you knwo what I mean.  A good deed that you don't have to pay to do!

Ang

Offline cuttles/sadieMay

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2005, 09:49:12 am »
Hi do you know if the breeder will be reselling these beautiful boys???
Im in Northern Ontario and I would love to help in any way I can , or even give one of them a new loving home!!!
cuttles :)

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2005, 09:57:00 am »
I am in Las Vegas - I got the email yesterday about the transort but someone had alreay signed up for the vegas to colorado leg.  That would be all I could do because of my work schedule.  I can keep them at my house if needed for a bit
Timmie

nickerbokker

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2005, 11:01:27 am »
stupid question.  how big a vehicle do we need.  what is coming with the dogs?  crates or anything?  i can't drive.....but i know a bunch of people in colorado and maybe one of them would be interested (not promising anything, they are mean lol)....but i'll try to see. 

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2005, 09:39:21 pm »
Thank you everyone.  The transport has been postponed till next week.  The dogs are now spending a week with a foster home in Cali.  Last I knew they only needed one leg.  I don't know if they filled it or not.  I want to thank all of you who tried to help and who crossposted this for me.  The breeder is BEYOND thankful that her babies are coming home. 

Cuttles.  I appreciate the offer, but the boys are going home to the breeder to stay.  One of the reasons she's keeping them is the guy who had them promised to stay in the area so that they could be shown.  He broke his promise many times and it was a struggle for her to get them their Ch. because it was so hard to get ahold of the dogs.  She's keeping them so that they can continue in their show career.  She now deeply regrets letting her choice boys get away from her at all. 

Timmie,  That's OK Hun.  Seems like the once in a blue moon transports that DO come up here I'm always indisposed, and I'm sorry I'm not gonna go 400 miles out of my way to help out :P

Nickers,  The dogs were coming with nothing, and they're pretty big, so you'd probably need an SUV or a van or something.  But on the bright side you don't have to talk to the mean people anymore!

Ang

PS  They've been starting a web album for the boys on their way home.  Here they are at their foster home.

http://community.webshots.com/album/459385721XFtEeE
« Last Edit: September 24, 2005, 09:42:04 pm by Anky »