Author Topic: Pain control?  (Read 6926 times)

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: Pain control?
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2005, 11:11:49 am »
Glad you found us. ...

It could also be a bollus of fluid that you are feeling. That is a collection of fluid in tissue with no where to go... it will slowly disseminate into the surrounding tissues and disappear. Anyway, he'll be fine soon.

Keep us posted.

Deena

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2005, 11:49:09 am »
I recently had Tulsa into her vet for a Biopsy on her lower jaw.
It was swollen, discolored, and looked painful as...
To perform the biopsy, Tulsa had to be put under, when I picked her up, the vet said that she probably wouldn't feel like eating for a day maybe two and prescribed a rather esoteric antibiotic.
I asked about pain meds and her Doc said, no way,  "Dogs know what they have to do to get better!"
I have the utmost confidince in my vet. She was lying on the floor with Tulsa during the initial examination, making her feel comfortable to be touched and examined.
The biopsy came back negative for any type of cancer, the swelling and discoloration was gone and Tulsa is an active and vital dog.
And, when in the mood, an active player!
Let the time pass, your dog will come to you when it feels good enough to play.
JMO
John
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman

Offline Porsha

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • Pet Arthritis and Degenerative Joint Disease
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2005, 11:53:59 pm »
Hi - sorry to hear about Tonka's pain.  I give my dogs Syn Flex, liquid glucosamine complex. It's all natural ingredients, includes 1500 mg pure liquid glucosamine with 12 other beneficial ingredients including White Willow Bark which is like aspirin but with no dangerous side effects that aspirin can cause. you can get more information on this amazing product by visiting www.activexame rica.comcgi-bin-at.cgi/281895/pets.

Believe me that without Porsha being on Syn Flex she would not be walking today. This stuff is truely what I call a miracle in a bottle. It lubicrates the joint/cartilage areas, reduces pain and inflammation and increases your dog's mobility. No dangerous side effects. I believe in it so strongly I became a Canadian distributor. ;)

Cheers from Porsha & Taja in Canada