Author Topic: Bullmastiffs in Sweaters?  (Read 5997 times)

Offline GracieDog

• Gnawer
  • Gracie girl, just relaxing!
    • View Profile
Bullmastiffs in Sweaters?
« on: October 01, 2005, 05:18:38 am »
I have only had my Bullmastiff through one winter.  I do not think that she really liked the cold/snow of New England.  Has anyone considered buying a sweater for their bullmastiff?  I feel like a crazy dog owner...but I worry that her coat is not thick enough for the winter.  Any suggestion?

BabsT

Re: Bullmastiffs in Sweaters?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2005, 05:34:39 am »
You do what ever you need to do to make you and your dogger happy...the funny part is the BM that lives up the street from us LOVES LOVES the snowy cold NE winters

doggylover

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2006, 12:03:44 am »
OMG if you get a sweater for your bullmastiff, you MUST post a picture.  My rotty HATES wearing clothing, its just so very undignified, but I can't resist...he looks so darn cute in a coat. 
Ronda :)

kristi

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2006, 10:45:16 am »
OMG if you get a sweater for your bullmastiff, you MUST post a picture.  My rotty HATES wearing clothing, its just so very undignified, but I can't resist...he looks so darn cute in a coat. 
Ronda :)

I had a rottie that wore a coat & boots! I live in Chicago, & it gets cold & windy in the winter. He was so lean & muscular with minimal body fat. He loved to go for walks & would cry to go out. The vet recommended I get him the coat & boots. The boots were to protect his foot pads from the road salt - it's everywhere here & can cause burns if it gets trapped between their toes. He got used to wearing them pretty quickly. He would stay nicely while I strapped him all up to go out. He learned really fast that it meant he could do something that he liked. He was an awesome dog, & he looked so cute when we would walk though the neighborhood. :D
Now I have a Bullmastiff. He doesn't wear a coat. His idea of a walk is down to the corner & back - take care of business & get back on the sofa. I don't worry about him getting too cold. ;D
-k.