Author Topic: Ok...who else here hates their job??  (Read 2296 times)

henrysmomma

Ok...who else here hates their job??
« on: October 08, 2005, 02:44:06 am »
 >:( >:(Man do I hate mine! First off, it wasn't the job that I wanted when I decided to take my secretary course! Those b@stards at the school lied and said I could get into veterinary work with my certificate... WRONG! So now I'm stuck here, working seven days a week...away from my furbabies, helping a bunch of spoiled mall-goers, making less than minimum wage....arrrgg hhh grrrrrrr.....I CAN"T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!! All my attempts to find other employment have failed! ARRRGH! My coworkers are stupid and can't do anything for themselves!!>:( >:(

OK I think I'm alright now....Sorry to ruin this board with my venting... :-X

Rose

PS Please feel free to vent about your job on this thread.... ;) It would be nice to know others feel the way I do... :)

Anakalia

Re: Ok...who else here hates their job??
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2005, 03:01:54 am »
I'm really sorry you despise you job.  I've had several that I felt the same way about! Most of the time it was dealing with the NASTY people I worked with.  It takes a lot out of ya!  I know what you're going through.  And the fact the school lied to you would infuriate me! >:(

I now work from home and love every minute of it, but it took me awhile to find the right thing.  Keep your chin up, something better will come along. 

Feel free to vent anytime.  That's why I LOVE BPO everyone here is so supportive and caring.  It doesn't matter what you vent about someone will always come along and tell you everything will be ok. :D

Andi

henrysmomma

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2005, 03:07:55 am »
Thanks Anakalia!
Yeah, I'm just so frustrated these days...luckily, i have the internet at work so I can just come on here when I need my doggie fix. ;D
Rose

henrysmomma

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2005, 04:01:43 am »
Yeah me too! j/k ;D

henrysmomma

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2005, 04:12:54 am »
Yeah, the strike here is getting stupid...I dont even know if it's still on...i remember driving by the picket lines everyday and hearing them scream "SCABS!" and chasing people... ??? Yeah, Telus isn't that great of a company Nickerbokker.. ..

Rose

On another note....workin g for the Gov. of Canada is good, I've been trying for years to get a job with the Government, unfortunately no success yet. I must be doing something really wrong.. ???
« Last Edit: October 08, 2005, 04:14:38 am by henrysmomma »

henrysmomma

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2005, 04:37:10 am »
Sounds like how the doctors here treat us receptionists. ... :( No respect I tell ya! >:(

Rose

GR8DAME

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2005, 10:46:30 am »
I currently like my job, but have had some that were real losers. I was a practical nurse for 14 years, and worked in a convent infirmary (OK, stop laughing. I never said I was a nun.) and I loved it. When they closed down the infirmary I moved to a hospital and hated it. Went to college and took some computer/secretarial courses and worked as a temp in a couple of Doctors offices and found such a horrendous lack of respect that I was glad to leave when the job was over.I was a registrar at a hospital, too. Hated the people I worked with (clique of backstabbing, immature, brown-nosing *itches), couldn't stand the manager, she found it amusing to move people with kids to impossible shifts, and when you told her that you were having a hard time because of babysitting or school, she just said "Then quit, you must not want to work." So I did. Fell into my current job by accident, and it is the best thing that ever happened to me. I get respect, my boss trusts that I know my job and can do it without constant supervision, and my coworkers are laid back and pleasant. Plus it pays (some) of the bills.
Stella