Author Topic: Hi New Here, Ices Dad  (Read 56792 times)

Offline cue755

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: Hi New Here, Ices Dad
« Reply #120 on: May 23, 2006, 02:10:21 pm »
Don't get me wrong, I love ice very much but with having disc problems in my back iits almost impossible for me to walk and get him exercise! It is hard to take to know I can't walk my dane, as a pup it was a joy now not able too really is a bummer for me! Later, Ices Dad
Ice & Ices Dad

Offline smsmith

• Leader of the Pack
  • Einstein has changed my life -- for the good!
    • View Profile
Re: Hi New Here, Ices Dad
« Reply #121 on: May 23, 2006, 03:52:29 pm »
Hi Ices Dad.  I didn't pay attention to your post at first cause I thought you were introducing yourself to somebody.

Back pain:  I totally understand.  Even though the walking is good for you, having a leash pulling on your arm would be devastating! 

Ices age?  Ice may be entering that teenage time I've heard so much about.  Seems like all dogs MUST go through it.

Perhaps there's a rescue program in your area?  Maybe if you contacted them and explained the situation they may be able to offer assistance (like sending a volunteer over to walk Ice for you) or even, if it gets to be too much, take Ice in for a couple months.  After all, they's probably much rather help in a situation like yours than have to find a home for a dog totally out of control.

I'm curious about what area you're in.  I live in Houston.  I'd be happy to walk Ice for you if you live anywhere around here.

I'm glad you posted this problem on here.  There are LOTS of wise (and generous) big paw moms and dads here (like YOU).

Sarah
Sarah