Author Topic: Thoughts after 1 Bag of Costco Kirkland Signature brand  (Read 18569 times)

Offline tonyc

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts after 1 Bag of Costco Kirkland Signature brand
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2005, 07:20:33 pm »
^ eh.. no.. thank goodness...
Frenchies.. this one was raised on evo (and then switched out):

holy cow! he's crossed eyed! i never noticed that!

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2005, 10:58:22 pm »
I hope they aren't giat breed puppies.  Feeding Evo to a Giant pup can cripple them

I've heard that before too....but why?  Is it too much protein?  What's the earliest a giant can be on it?  Twenty-four months?

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2005, 11:07:02 pm »
I hope they aren't giat breed puppies.  Feeding Evo to a Giant pup can cripple them

I've heard that before too....but why?  Is it too much protein?  What's the earliest a giant can be on it?  Twenty-four months?

Evo has 42% Protein.  Which is like INSANE.  When Moni told me about it and how well Tenchi was doing on it, I was excited, but then I looked at the protein and flipped out.  No way could this be OK!  But I got desperate and tried it when he was about a year old.  He was never really a tall Dane, and I figured at the worst we'd have a little Pano.  (Not to sound bad, but like I said if he was gonna grow at all it wasn't going to be much).  18 months to 2 years will probably be fine. 

To give food like that to baby puppies though is dangerous.  I've seen pics of pups who were on a high protein diet and their legs were non functional. 
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."