Author Topic: I'm back  (Read 4129 times)

Offline pndlake

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
I'm back
« on: October 15, 2005, 11:59:03 am »
Well, I just got back from a trip of a lifetime.  A paddlewheel cruise up the Columbia River following the Lewis and Clark expedition.  I was with my family and the ship was actually powered with paddles, went through many locks and tour buses followed us along the roads to take us on many side trips.  I learned too much and didn't get drunk like I sould have.  heehee.  We were completely isolated from everything for eight days.

On my recorder when we got home was a message from the convalescent home that we did our first job and they want to schedule another visit because they all enjoyed it so much.  Made me feel very good.  We are picking up our new trainie (final name, Hobo) tomorrow.  happy happy

It looks like I missed a lot of weird  things and I cannot figure it all out.   I will keep reading and try to make sense of it all.  Any hints you can give me along the way will help.  I always miss everything. I missed all of you and don't know how to go back over more than a few days of posting to read them in order.  Oh well.

A happy dog is a dog with a job.

Peggy

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: I'm back
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2005, 12:03:00 pm »
Welcome back! Glad to hear you had fun on your trip and that you've got another therapy dog visit lined up :)
RIP former BPO

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2005, 12:35:32 pm »
Glad that you are back Peggy! You must share your pics when you can. And great news about the home and Niki. ;D
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2005, 01:21:10 pm »
Sounds like you had a great trip.  And what wonderful news on you machine.  Good luck with newbie Hobo.