Author Topic: OMG Dog stuff is so exhausting  (Read 11119 times)

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
OMG Dog stuff is so exhausting
« on: October 16, 2005, 07:57:52 am »
Today Moni and I went to a Frisbee tournament.  (I hope you guys don't mind that I'm not as gut wrenchingly hysterical as usual because I don't feel good and thinking makes me head hurt). 

It was a typical Ang day.  I woke up late.  Swore.  Threw on my clothes, marveled that even though my jeans shrank in the wash the typical pudge that usually rolled over the top wasn't there.  STILL not used to that.  Sanity stared at me as I ran around then I threw on his leash and tossed him in the car.  I apologized for being such a horrible mommy and not feeding him and I gave him a bunch of meaty bones to eat in the car to make up for it. 

I was meeting Moni at my (Well MATT'S) local Petsmart, and seeing as how I was at the Boonie house I had to haul a**.  We were supposed to meet at 10 and I got there at 9:45 and of course, stupid Petsmart isnt open yet.  We wait until the doors open and I bring Nee in.  I was looking at getting him one of those quick release prong collars, so I went to the collar aisle and he was lagging, which I thought was odd.  Then I turned back.  You know there are two things Nee does in the morning.  Eat and pee.  Alot.  He'll be damned if I mess with his schedule.  There down the ENTIRE leash/collar aisle of the freshly mopped Petsmart was a LAKE of Sanity pee.  Of COURSE he was the only dog there so I couldn't blame it on someone else.  I went and told a sales girl and she made me feel like total crap (Which I deserved) and I waited around for Moni to show up.  She has a 20 foot tall white dog how was I gonna miss her?  Some neat little things happen, like Sanity suddenly turning Kujo on this shady guy who kept turning up in the same aisles as me.  I'm sorry if a 160 pound dog was trying to eat me, I'd avoid him.  This Border collie puppy that Nee fell in love with and wouldn't stop talking to.  You try explaining to a guy that your dog's menacing grumbles are just him talking. 

Moni is 45 minutes late so I'm worried and go outside, as soon as I go out there she was.  Our highways suck and that's all that needs to be said.  I called the house to get a phone number to see if a feed store was open, then we left to go to the park where the tournament was being held.  I drive past Matt/My house so Moni could see where I lived, and we kept going.  Matt calls me.  "Why did you call here?"  "To get a number."  "Where are you?"  "Main Street."  "You drove past the house and you didn't stop to say hi?"  "Honey we're kind of in a hurry."  "I see."  *Silence*  "Do you want me to come back?"  "Do you want to come back?"  "Fine"  "Whatever, if you don't WANT to see me you dont' 'HAVE to see me"  "Honey I'll see you in 5 minutes"  "Uhuh."  "Love you."  "Like h*ll you do."  "I DO!" "Yeah sure".  (For those who don't know this is playful banter.  Not fighting!  This is a healthy relationship! :)  )

So we go back to the house.  Araby and Hobo are out.  I tell Moni that Nee is gonna have to get out of the car or he will jump out the window.  The second the words come out of my mouth Moni says "Uhhhh Ang?"  I turn around and Nee's butt and tail are about the only things left in the car.  "AGHHHHH"  I get Nee in the yard, herd the other two up and put them in the house and then Tench and Nee play in the yard for a bit.  Matt comes out.  Practically craps himself when he sees Tenchi.  "Is Old Stupid gonna get that big?"  "NO!  And he's not Old"  (Running joke, because by only saying he's not old I'm implying he's stupid, get it?  Hahahahaha.... ha....  never mind)  Boys play, we go to park.  Get there just when our friend who's competing does.

Nee is VERY excited.  He's talking to all the dogs (ie growling and rooing which the Border Collie people do not appreciate for some reason.)  He's jumping up and down.  He's trying to play with Tenchi and un hooks his leash, but Tenchi's a good boy and doesn't even notice.  Nee tries to intimidate frisbee dogs but when they come up to him he jumps on me and hides.  "Hold me back Mom!"  Our friend Melissa finished NOT last ;D  YAY!  We're in the parking lot and my right eye gets funky.  Like it won't focus on anything.  I tell Moni this then said "Come on lets drive!"  Melissa says "Yeah I'll be over there in the SAFE car." 

We head to the dog park, which is really just a big fenced in field that our training center uses for herding.  Anyone can use it when the sheep aren't there, and the sheep are gone by September.  I start to get a migraine and take Tenchi's Asprin.  The boys have a ball.  Tenchi sits on me.  Sanity stalks this poor beagle puppy which I felt SOOOO bad about.  (He's obsessed with little dogs that don't try to eat him.)  Sanity poops (SOLID poops Holly! ;)  )so I go to get the poop scooper.  When I get back to where he was the poop is GONE.  Moni and I looked for like 10 minutes we couldn't find it.  My dog is the best he has magical disapearing poop!  It is wicked cold and windy so we leave and I take Moni back making her SWEAR to post the pics as soon as she gets home.  HMMMMM they aren't up yet woman!  There are some AWESOME shots of the frisbee dogs, and Nee and Tench and some random rottie that was in a car we passed.  Well the Rottie ones kind of sucked because I drove too fast, but the rest are good!

Ang
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 08:10:25 am by Jacksmom »
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Re: OMG Dog stuff is so exhausting
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2005, 08:44:31 am »
Sounds like you had quite a day.  Much better than mine.  Frisbee competitions are pretty darn cool to watch.  My parent's last dog in her younger days would have been awesome at it.  Love it that Nee had to christen the freshly cleaned Petsmart.   ;D

I just got in out of the rain from taking Gunther out to go to the bathroom.  He refuses to go out in the rain.  So I have to walk around our yard for about 10 minutes waiting until he FINALLY poops.  Then he thinks he's going to have zoomies in the house.  I don't THINK so.

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2005, 08:50:11 am »
The rain here actually stopped last night.  Thank God because it's been going for the past 8 days!  Sanity doesn't like the rain he'll fuss to go out then hit the brakes.  I make him go at least once a day.  I don't blame him for peeing in Petsmart really.  I mean millions of dogs have peed there.  How's he supposed to know he's not?  ;)  But Moni really did get some amazing shot.  My fave is where Sanity is standing under Tenchi.  Yeah you know your dog is big when a Great Dane can STAND under him.

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2005, 08:51:59 am »
It sounds like a very busy day!...I bet you sleep good tonight!!

Anakalia

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2005, 08:56:04 am »
Sounds like you had a pretty good day besides the migraine!!  I HATE migraines, they ruin EVERYTHING!  Oh and I about peed myself when I read Nee had a little "accident" in Petsmart!!  Too funny!

Andi

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2005, 09:40:08 am »
The rain just started here today......... lol

Yeah you know your dog is big when a Great Dane can STAND under him.

We went to dog beach on Thurs, and as we were leaving, I saw the most GIGANTIC great dane I have ever seen (not that I've really seen that many, but still).  Gunther went up to say hello, and he was dwarfed by this monster.  Granted Gunther is still growing, but I measured him recently and he stands at about 32.5 inches at the shoulder.

This guy was at LEAST 4 inches taller than him.  More like 6.  I wish I had my camera with me to show everyone.  There is a giant great dane that goes to our dog park, and I think this guy would have even made Mac look small.

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2005, 12:11:51 pm »
Moni finally got home and got the pics loaded.  She'll do the videos tomorrow.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/torizmojo/album?.dir=/1231&.src=ph

Blair

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2005, 12:20:54 pm »
Great avatar Ang

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2005, 12:57:00 pm »
Thanks Blair.  I can't believe this used to be  my little baby!

And YES it's the same shirt.  I love that shirt.  It's a security blanket.  :P

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2005, 01:35:10 pm »
Awesome pics.   I love the ones of Tenchi's head out the window.  And I can't get over how much Nee looks like Gunther....... ....it's amazing.   :o

Which frisbee dog is your friends?  Moni got some pretty great shots of them, I love jumping dogs and action shots.

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2005, 08:54:37 pm »
Zoo.  Our friend was the one with the German shepherd.  The pics are kind of fuzzy because we had to stand so far away. 

Tina, Sanity was more curious than anything else.  "Mom why are you on the ground and why is Tenchi sitting on you?"

Holly, as for Roseanne, you were NOT ditched for her.  :P  I started talking to Matt about something and ended up giving him a foot and a back rub then fell asleep on the couch.  I woke up, realized what time it was and tore downstairs but only a few people were left in chat :(

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2005, 08:59:10 pm »
Holly, as for Roseanne, you were NOT ditched for her.  :P  I started talking to Matt about something and ended up giving him a foot and a back rub then fell asleep on the couch.  I woke up, realized what time it was and tore downstairs but only a few people were left in chat :(

Nope, I don't buy it for a minute.  You love Roseanne more than you love Andi and Blair and Stella and me.   :'(

That is BULL tookie!  I was mad Matt bought that stupid DVD.  I would argue more but I'm late getting the princess to her grooming appointment.

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2005, 09:50:58 pm »
LOL sounds like you guys had fun. And the pics are great  ;D
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2005, 11:32:12 pm »
Wow!  you're right.  I'm really tired now. 

Icerotti

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2005, 11:37:43 pm »
Wow those pictures were great!  When you gotta go ya gotta go ...right Sanity.  Poor boy having  an accident. Tenchi is friggin huge!!!!!!!
Looks like it was a fun day ;D