Author Topic: Pet Insurance  (Read 3201 times)

Offline goldenlovingknitter

• Ankle Biter
  • The Goof Troop
    • View Profile
Pet Insurance
« on: October 18, 2005, 12:00:41 am »
Question...we got a puppy about 3 weeks ago and we are looking into pet insurance.  Can anyone give any pointers what to look for or does anyone have any good companies they suggest?

Offline tonyc

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: Pet Insurance
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 12:57:08 am »
welcome to the board . .. goodness that puppy is cute... makes me wish i knew my dog when he was a golden pup.. that said... no clue about pet insurance ;)

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 01:27:55 am »
Welcome, that is one cute Puppy you have there.  :) I don't have any companies to suggest for pet insurance, but I did see a areport on the news, a guy had pet insurance( paid something like 40.00 a month) and his Dog got sick he put in all the vet bills the the company and did not receive one penny from them. according to his policy, the illness that his dog has is not covered.

So my advice to you is make sure you do your research and see what the company covers, before you buy.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline Baileyboy

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 01:45:24 am »
Adorable pup! Welcome!
I have a 10 month old newfoundland and I am using PetCare insurance. http://www.petcareinsurance.com/

I did quite a bit of research and decided that they had the best coverage for what I was looking for.  This insurance doesn't cover routine vaccinations and things like that, but does cover accidents and health issues.  I have only submitted one claim so far which was for a hot spot Bailey had that got pretty bad.  Within a week of submitting the claim, my check was sent to me and covered nearly the entire visit and medication.  This is my only experience so far, but in speaking to others who have the same coverage they have had excellent experiences with the company.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

Offline goldenlovingknitter

• Ankle Biter
  • The Goof Troop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2005, 02:50:58 am »
Thanks! for the information and for the comments about Sunny :)  He is full of mess all the time. LOL Can't help but look at him and smile though.  He went to the vet today and wanted to play with all the dogs and people he saw. :)