Author Topic: My Hero!!  (Read 3168 times)

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
My Hero!!
« on: October 19, 2005, 02:55:01 pm »
  I just had to share a really funny story about my "guard dog".  I was cleaning my house today and, after moving some stuff around, I let the dogs back inside from the yard.  A couple of minutes later Tonka was barking the "alert" and I ran (well it was more like a fast waddle) to see what was the problem and I found my big hero protecting me, my daughter, and everything in our home from........HI S REFLECTION!!! ::)  I had put a full length mirror in the hallway entrance and he thought it was another dog!!  The funniest part was he couldn't decide to fight or flee...he would bark and bark (the ROOO-ROOO) and then tuck his tail and run (I think because the reflection was barking too! haha) then come back to bark at it some more.  By the time I had stopped laughing he had started to figure it out.....but I wish I had a camera!! ;)
I am kind of a big deal!

Offline 4dogmom

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Re: My Hero!!
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2005, 03:02:12 pm »
how sweet! don't you just love them.
Sophia (dane)
Shyla (dane)
Tyosn (pit)
Neno (pit)

Anakalia

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2005, 09:58:41 pm »
That is such a funny story!! I would have loved to see pics of that.  Sounds like he was doing his best to protect you from the mean barking doggie! lol ;D

And I could definitely see why Leo was admiring himself... he's such a looker!  ;D

Andi

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2005, 01:34:58 am »
LOL........... .....that is too funny.  Yeah, I would have loved to see pics of that as well.  I've never had a dog that's been startled or interested in their reflection.

Offline jinx athena's mommy

• Gnawer
  • athena is the black one
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2005, 02:12:57 am »
i'll see your reflection and raise you an abandan shopping cart.  we were out walking and came across a ordinary old shopping cart well athen snuck up on it sniffed it barked at it growled at it tried to bite ite and altimatly decided it was evil and to high tail it out of there.  my husband just about peed himself laughing at her.

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2005, 08:33:53 am »
LOL!!! That's too funny!!!

Next time run for the camera  ;)
"The more boys I meet the more I like dogs"

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

I'm blonde... whats your exc