Author Topic: Lily swallowed a chewy  (Read 3559 times)

Offline lilysmom

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • When I rescued Lily, she rescued me right back!
    • View Profile
Lily swallowed a chewy
« on: October 19, 2005, 08:48:48 pm »
Lily got a hold of a rawhide chewy off the top of the fridge.  At first she was chewing it nice so I didn't take it away.  I went to put my youngest down for a nap and when I came back it was gone.  She swallowed the whole thing.  It wasn't very big.  Maybe 2"x3", but I'm worried about her now.  You think she'll be ok?
When I rescued Lily, she rescued me right back!

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
Re: Lily swallowed a chewy
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2005, 09:46:30 pm »
Sophie swallows them all the time expecially the smaller rawhide chips.  I try and get them from her before they get too soggy but she's fast and looovvvvveeees sss rawhide bones.   I think lily will be fine just make sure her potty breaks are normal for the next couple days.
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

Offline lilysmom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2005, 10:06:41 pm »
I would just keep an eye on her and watch out for anything unusual.  It sounds like the chew wasn't too terribly big, so I think she'll be alright.

Tell Lilly no more scaring her mommy like that!!!

I know right? lol.  She's going to give me a heart attack.  I'll keep watching her.  So far nothing unusual.   :)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2005, 10:31:21 pm »
I love your new avatar!! I can't believe just a couple of weeks ago you were thinking you were going to have to find a new home for Lily because she wasn't getting along with Raven!! They look like best buds now!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Anakalia

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2005, 10:33:02 pm »
Ah yes, the swallowing of a rawhide!  Brings back memories of being totally FREAKED out when Koby swallowed his.  I swear the peice he downed was HUGE!  I was thinking blockage surgery for sure.  Nope a couple of days and it passed, you could definitely tell when it decided to come out, but it did pass thank god!  Just keep an eye on her like everyone said and I'm sure she'll be fine.  I won't even tell ya about the time Koby passed a whole flippin' corndog stick, SUPER GROSS! :o

Andi

Offline lilysmom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2005, 10:50:42 pm »
I love your new avatar!! I can't believe just a couple of weeks ago you were thinking you were going to have to find a new home for Lily because she wasn't getting along with Raven!! They look like best buds now!

They still have their moments, but for the most part they are great together now.  Lily's not going anywhere. :)

Ah yes, the swallowing of a rawhide! Brings back memories of being totally FREAKED out when Koby swallowed his. I swear the peice he downed was HUGE! I was thinking blockage surgery for sure. Nope a couple of days and it passed, you could definitely tell when it decided to come out, but it did pass thank god! Just keep an eye on her like everyone said and I'm sure she'll be fine. I won't even tell ya about the time Koby passed a whole flippin' corndog stick, SUPER GROSS! :o

Andi

I don't think I told everyone the time Raven ate not one but 5 whole ears of corn.  Now that was disgusting. lol :D

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2005, 12:09:19 am »
Lily got a hold of a rawhide chewy off the top of the fridge.  At first she was chewing it nice so I didn't take it away.  I went to put my youngest down for a nap and when I came back it was gone.  She swallowed the whole thing.  It wasn't very big.  Maybe 2"x3", but I'm worried about her now.  You think she'll be ok?
If you've ever read my "Grace swallow this" posts...you'll know I mean it when I say she'll probably by fine. 
Grace eats EVERYTHING and it always comes out the next day. :)  If your pup starts acting weird or feeling sice take her to the vet or call to see if you should or not.