Author Topic: He's just too hyper!!!  (Read 2570 times)

Luvmydanes

He's just too hyper!!!
« on: October 20, 2005, 11:04:29 pm »
I am ready to pull my hair out. I don't know if it is just Dane's temperment or what, but he is just SOO hyper! We run around with him outside, and even then, we can't really play with him cause he gets even more excited, which leads to jumping on us. Jasmine is as mellow and calm and loving as ever, and is happy to play, but loves to just sit at your feet and be pet.  Anyone have any suggestions on what we can do to "tame" Dane?haha! :)

Kandi

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: He's just too hyper!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 11:07:21 pm »
Some dogs don't get worn out by running around.  Have you thought of agility or tracking or lure coursing?  A Great Dane Agility site is www.morgandane .com

Ang
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Anakalia

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 11:10:37 pm »
Have you seen the video of my psycho Koby running circles in our yard?  I posted it on here a while back.  He's like that 24/7!  There's no inbetween with him, he's either sleeping or running, he doesn't know to walk.  I beleive danes are supposed to be more laid back with little spurts of energy, but Koby is the exception.  How old is Dane?  Koby's a little over 18 months so I'm hoping he settles down a bit..... someday.  I'd say maybe take him for walks or just try to wear him out, playing.  Tony's taken Koby for a 3 mile walk one night, Koby then proceeded to do zoomies in the backyard for another 30 min. before coming inside and crashing!  Let's just hope they grow out of it! lol

Andi

Luvmydanes

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2005, 11:16:52 pm »
Thanks for the website, I will check into that.

Dane is 22 months, so not even 2. He is the same as you describe Koby. He is hyper, and can run and run and run. Even after we go on walks, he is still just wanting to go. I can't keep up with him, that is for sure. I am wondering how to curb the jumping. He is huge, and I have 3 little ones, so I don't think the jumping is a good idea. It is a new habit he picked up, cause he didn't used to jump.

Kandi

Anakalia

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2005, 11:24:14 pm »

Dane is 22 months, so not even 2. He is the same as you describe Koby. He is hyper, and can run and run and run. Even after we go on walks, he is still just wanting to go. I can't keep up with him, that is for sure. I am wondering how to curb the jumping. He is huge, and I have 3 little ones, so I don't think the jumping is a good idea. It is a new habit he picked up, cause he didn't used to jump.

Kandi

You know what?  Now that you mention it Koby's been jumping too, but I just kinda realized it!  He doesn't jump on us, but he'll run up to us and then hop up and down on his back legs!  It's super crazy and I've just been trying to ignore it.  He doesn't get any attention from us til he settles down and sits nice and pretty (that's what we tell him lol).  We'll then pet him and give him attention.  He know's what is expected of him, but sometimes he could care less. lol  He's a nut!

Andi

Luvmydanes

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2005, 11:29:00 pm »
haha! too weird! Dane does that too. He will jump like he is going to jump on us, but doesn't cause he knows he will get in trouble. I still don't like it, cause of his size mainly. He has jumped on me a couple times and all that weight with his claws dragging down you on the way down is not a good combination!

Kandi

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2005, 11:44:43 pm »

Kandi

You know what?  Now that you mention it Koby's been jumping too, but I just kinda realized it!  He doesn't jump on us, but he'll run up to us and then hop up and down on his back legs!  It's super crazy and I've just been trying to ignore it.  He doesn't get any attention from us til he settles down and sits nice and pretty (that's what we tell him lol).  We'll then pet him and give him attention.  He know's what is expected of him, but sometimes he could care less. lol  He's a nut!

Andi
maybe he's mixed with a trampoline.  :)  It's funny how big dogs sometimes want the little dog luxuries of jumpping into our laps.  Lady and Grace do that too.