Author Topic: Here's an odd bit of Irony  (Read 4268 times)

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
Here's an odd bit of Irony
« on: October 22, 2005, 08:49:42 pm »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051019/ap_on_fe_st/adviser_dog_bite_1

Dog Attacks Anti-Dangerous Dog Bill Author
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. - The author of a new state law that allows felony charges against owners of dangerous dogs was hospitalized over the weekend after his own dog attacked him.

Bob Schwartz, who also is Gov. Bill Richardson's crime adviser, was hospitalized at University of New Mexico Hospital on Sunday night with bites on both his arms, said Pahl Shipley, a spokesman for the governor.

A hospital spokeswoman declined to release Schwartz's condition, but Shipley said Schwartz is "going to be fine."

Schwartz has three dogs registered with the city: a boxer and two English bulldogs, said Denise Wilcox, who oversees Albuquerque's animal care centers.

Schwartz was instrumental in getting a law passed during this year's regular legislative session that would allow felony charges to be filed against owners of dogs deemed dangerous or potentially dangerous and that seriously injure or kill another animal or person.

The law was designed to make dog owners accountable, said Sen. Sue Wilson Beffort, who worked with Schwartz to pass the bill.

"But I guess when it happens in your own family, that's another story," she said. "That's tragic."

Wilcox said Sunday her office had not received a bite report from University hospital, which is required when a dog bite leads to medical attention.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2005, 08:52:21 pm by brandon »
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Offline lilysmom

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • When I rescued Lily, she rescued me right back!
    • View Profile
Re: Here's an odd bit of Irony
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2005, 09:34:14 pm »
Maybe they were trying to overturn the bill. :)
When I rescued Lily, she rescued me right back!