Author Topic: Babies are growing up  (Read 15897 times)

Offline YelenaLevitina

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Looove those BIG furballs
    • View Profile
    • Caucasian Legend
Re: Babies are growing up
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2005, 07:08:18 pm »
How many are in the litter? I just can't stand looking at them anymore. GAH!!

Walk away from the monitor. Slowly. Don't look back.
LOL

Offline BabsT

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2005, 08:19:55 pm »
I am sure that she is sick at looking at pictures from me LMAO  All I do is call and email her LOL
Zero 23mth  Central Asian Ovcharka
Anchara 16mth old Caucasian Ovcharka

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2005, 08:49:36 pm »
Yelena,
Those are some gorgeous puppies!  :)  You can see the thoughts going on in their eyes.  I'm with Babs, I really love those brindles.  Are the bottom two the same puppy as the one in the background on the right in the top picture?  She(?) has a very soft expression compared to the others, so sweet!

They must go through some amazing color changes from birth to adulthood.  Do you have any pictures that show their transformation? 

I've been taken with Caucasians and Sarplannitz(sp?) since I met some a couple years back.  Their temperment reminded me of a giant aussie, but more laid back energywise and a bit more independant.  I'd definitely consider getting one if we ever got our own property.

I hope that their new homes work out smoothly and that you get lots of updates on them!  :D
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Offline GSD Lover

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2005, 11:37:07 am »
OMG.How adorable.

Just a question.Do you have contracts made up for the new owners?What I mean is a spay/neuter contract....A contract stating that if for any reason they can't keep the pup,it's to be returned back to you?Have the new owners researched this breed?What health and genetic issues that this breed has?

This is something to definately think of if you haven't already. :)

Offline BabsT

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2005, 05:55:38 pm »
I have one of her pups and she has a billion page contract LOL...Ok maybe a billion is exaggerating a bit but she covers just about everything
Zero 23mth  Central Asian Ovcharka
Anchara 16mth old Caucasian Ovcharka

Offline YelenaLevitina

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • Caucasian Legend
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2005, 06:38:54 pm »
OMG.How adorable.

Just a question.Do you have contracts made up for the new owners?What I mean is a spay/neuter contract....A contract stating that if for any reason they can't keep the pup,it's to be returned back to you?Have the new owners researched this breed?What health and genetic issues that this breed has?

This is something to definately think of if you haven't already. :)
Yes, I do.
Perspective owners, if I don't know them personally, fill out a looong application, I do check all kind of references, and a contract is "a must".

As for genetic problems - it is a remarkably healthy breed, but just like any large dogs - HD could be a problem, sertain type of heart disorders and entropia.

New owners defenately doing a little bit of research on the breed (otherwise they wouldn't even know that dogs like that exist), they all ask a lot of questions (and if they don't - they don't get to have a pup) before and after they got a puppy.

LOL. It is not the ideal process, but we trying to improve it every time we go through.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2005, 06:40:39 pm by YelenaLevitina »

Offline YelenaLevitina

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • Caucasian Legend
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2005, 06:44:28 pm »

They must go through some amazing color changes from birth to adulthood. Do you have any pictures that show their transformation?

They all born very dark, almost black (except for white ones and piebolds). And you never know what color they will turn out to be as an adult. Sometimes it changes even between 2 and 3 years old.
I will try to find some pictures to illustrate. LOL

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2005, 02:33:45 am »
They all born very dark, almost black (except for white ones and piebolds). And you never know what color they will turn out to be as an adult. Sometimes it changes even between 2 and 3 years old.
I will try to find some pictures to illustrate. LOL

Please do.  I would love to see more puppy and/or adult pics.  I simply can't get enough of this breed.  I sooo want to get one, but will have to wait probably at least another 10 yrs.   :'(  :'(  :'(

henrysmomma

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2005, 11:08:29 am »
Sooo cute! Just like little bears! I want one.

Gotta stop looking at all the puppies....

Rose