Author Topic: Sapphire had a small break through last week.  (Read 7575 times)

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Sapphire had a small break through last week.
« on: October 27, 2005, 09:18:48 am »
Was having too much fun yesterday and forgot to share some important news.

Just wanted to share with you, as some of you may remember, despite having numerous people come to our home, Sapphire was refusing to respect us and allow us to have control of who came into the house. Last week my sister came, no problem. She barked once and...nothing. She later in the evening treated my sister as if she'd lived with us forever. So my LGD friends, could this be the beginning of a breakthrough, or did she just smell my sisters Aussie on her? My sister stayed for 3 days and she was great the whole day.

Another small break through today.... our housekeeper occasionally is told by Sapphire not to mop or vacuum. She would stand in front of the door to the laundry room and not let her come out occassionally when she went to get the mop or vacuum. Well today, after Eugenia picked up the vacuum, Sapphire took her position and barked once. I looked over said, "No Sapphire." Sapphire looked at me. I said, "Come Sapphire." She came and let Eugenia vacuum. I praised her and went on about my day. Sapphire laid at my feet. So how are we doing?

Any advise on how to proceed? More of the same?

I'll check back tomorrow...

Deena

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Re: Sapphire had a small break through last week.
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 10:02:11 am »
Well, no advice here, but sounds like good news to me.  That's great!!

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 08:01:52 am »
That is excellent news!  Sounds like she is maturing nicely and beginning to understand and respect your authority.  It is wonderful when that begins to happen.  I remember so well when Beauty began to come around, and she is now 3, continuing to grow into a wondeful obedient dog fro the most part.  Still have trouble with the cocker and all the Kuvasz.  That is another story.  Great job and congrats!  Shana
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 10:07:15 am »
Great news!...Just keep at it!...Sammy about drove me mad!...Somewhere around a year he started to come into his own & turn into a "real dog"...I do so miss my naughty "little" puppy though.

Offline queenkofsnow

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2005, 04:33:33 pm »
Glad to hear that Sapphire is doing better.  I also have one of the "Kilde Kids."   Mike,  "Kilde's Always My Hero", has been so awesome that I can't imagine what you had to deal with.  He is still acting like a silly puppy and rarely barks at anyone except his little scotty friend when he is playing.  I guess I should count my blessings.  His main problem is that he is a thief...shoes, panties, socks...you name it...can't find it...find Mike.  I sure have enjoyed him...he is my first big dog...I really have been missing out.  Although...... I think he is digging a hole to China in my back yard!!!

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2005, 09:13:45 pm »
Hi,

Nice to know Mike's mom is here. Sapphire has strong guarding instincts. She is very obedient off propery and on property when there are no visitors. She even obeys our one year old. She's smart. She taught herself to open the backdoor when she wants to come in instead of barking , whining or scratching like a normal dog.  But let someone new come, forget it. She does that deep bark that means business.

She's getting better, but we've got a long way to go. But every little break through is an accomplishment . I guess she's more like Beauty. Mike sounds like he's just like Adian. He sounds great. Post some pics...would love to see what her brother looks like these days. :)

Deena

Offline queenkofsnow

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2005, 09:22:34 pm »
 I finally got a chance to show some pictures of Mike.   He is sitting along side my 6'2" son so you can see how big he is.  He is now at 85 lbs and is still growing fast.  He will be ring bearer in my wedding....hop e he doesn't grow out of his tux.  His little scottie friend will be flower girl.  Hope Saphire is still showing improvement.  Sounds like she is alot like her mommy.   I am glad Mike ended up like Aidan.  He goes all over the place with me and is still just excited about everything he experiences.  The only thing that bothers him is the broom.   I got mad one day when he was a puppy...I was sweeping the floor when I turned around and there he had peed on the floor right behind me.  I was so mad that I drop the broom on the floor and it made a big noise....I never did punish him for it....the deed was already done....but the noise of the broom hitting the floor...well, it never really left his mind which is good because up to that point he thought it was a great toy and I couldn't sweep without puppy grabbing it.

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2005, 12:52:00 am »
Mike is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Congrats on your up coming wedding! Post some picks bride and groomer, ring bearer, flower girl Scottie... ;)

Deena