Author Topic: Kate freaked us out today!!!  (Read 4657 times)

k2campbell

Kate freaked us out today!!!
« on: November 11, 2005, 06:46:52 pm »
I'm still trying to calm down.  Eric's Aunt & Uncle stopped by this morning.  Of couse, Kate (being a Leo) has an 'over-the-top' greeting for anyone who comes over  :)

Well - she was doing circles around them when they stepped into our boot room, and Kate slipped on the tile and did the splits with her hind end.  She "yelped!" very quick and got back up immediately.  We restrained her for a minute to try and calm her down, then she was back to herself (prancing around and talking) with no obvious pain...

We're hoping it was just 'puppy-strain', but my goodness it scared the crap out of me.  I almost cried  :-[

She seems fine now, and I'm sure she may have/or will do worse than that at some point - but my heart was seriously in my throat and Eric's Uncle said I was pale as a ghost.  Whew - I'm just glad she seems to be fine.

Anyone else ever have one of those moments???

Kelly

Anakalia

Re: Kate freaked us out today!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 07:03:10 pm »
OH YEAH!  I have had many of those moments....ima gine a 170lbs dog sprinting through the kitchen and SLAMMING down on the ground and sliding across the floor!  I was freaking out because Koby yelped so loud, he landed on his right hip and was limping for about 30 min.  I was ready to rush him to the ER vet but he calmed down and was fine. Or the time he got hit by a truck and had a huge gash in his leg and road rash everywhere, or the time when he fell in our kitchen (this happens a lot) and kicked a hole in our wall when trying to get back up.  The list goes on and on.  I understand EXACTLY what you went through it's terrifying!  Kate will be fine I'm sure, may have pulled a muscle or something, but she will be ok.  I'm sure you gave her LOTS of overprotective mommy love when this happened, I know I do that!! hehee :)

Andi

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2005, 07:11:27 pm »
Oh, yeah I know how that is.  We have a patio outside our back door, and you have to take a 90 degree right turn to get to the yard.  He is constantly going out the door full speed (chasing after the lighter and more agile Keiko), turning and falling on the cement.  It doesn't seem to phase him, but I certainly feel sympathy pains every time he does it.

He also just stayed at a friends house for the day while we were out of town.  Their whole downstairs is either wood floor or tile.  He was so excited (they have two danes) that he would not sit still, and couldn't seem to conquer how to maneuver of their flooring.  I heard he fell many times there.

k2campbell

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2005, 07:33:26 pm »
ZooCrew - glad another has been there too (well, not glad that it rattles you as well, but glad I'm not the only one! ;)  Gees - I'm going to start poppin' the grey hairs here soon with our 'crazy' dog tearin' it up in our house!!!

Ha ha

Kel