Author Topic: How much do I love Daisy???  (Read 4596 times)

Offline my3dogs

• Leader of the Pack
  • Daisy - FEB 2006
    • View Profile
    • Blossoming Daisy
How much do I love Daisy???
« on: October 30, 2005, 07:50:07 am »
So much that I expressed her anal sacs.   :o
I noticed that distinctive smell and today they were leaking.
My friend owns a bassette hound and handles this issue herself all the time. She sent me websites with diagrams.   When I noticed that Daisy was getting worse today I reviewed the website and went for the external option.   
It wasn't pretty.  It didn't smell nice.  And it's not in my top 100 things to do on a sunday afternoon....b ut I did it 'cause I wanted her to feel better.
It also helps to have a 16 yr old daughter with a witty sense of humor who was cracking jokes the entire time while petting the pup.  Sure....she gets the non-stinky end!!
Ah well...Daisy feels better.   That's what really matters.

-Wendy

"As long as the world is turning and spinning, we're gonna be dizzy and we're gonna make mistakes." - Mel Brooks
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/164179

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Re: How much do I love Daisy???
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2005, 08:08:45 am »
Now THAT'S the definition of true love!!!  Wonder if there are any songs expressing THAT kind of love :o?

Anakalia

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2005, 09:48:36 am »
HAHAHAA!!  Congratulation s on being inducted into the court of Anal Gland Queen! LOL  I used to do anal glad expressing daily when I was a groomer, nothing worse than that smell!  It does make them feel tons better after it's done tho, and yes you are a wonderful loving mommy to help her feel better! ;D

Andi

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2005, 10:46:53 am »
Whew!  I hope you were in a well ventilated room.  Did you squirt yourself?  I've never done them myself, but seen them done plenty at the vets and it can get very messy.

You should be very proud.  There are few people who would do that on their own.