Author Topic: Getting Spayed  (Read 8854 times)

Kiahpyr

Re: Getting Spayed
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2005, 01:14:28 pm »
Vet just called and Kiah is out of surgery. He said she did very well and that she was in heat. Was it okay for him to spay her while in heat? I had no idea. I didn't see any blood and she wasn't acting weird. I feel like a complete idoit. I guess it's too late to worry about that now. I get to pick her up after 4 today. 
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 01:16:56 pm by Tajsa »

Anakalia

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2005, 01:28:20 pm »
I have to do better at keeping up with the BPO messages!!  I feel out of the loop! hehee  I'm glad she came out of surgery ok, I always thought you couldn't spay a dog in heat.  I guess you learn something new everyday!  She'll be a bit groggy when she comes home, but she'll be fine I'm sure!  Make sure you give her lots of love.  She'll probably sleep most of the night. :)

Andi

Icerotti

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2005, 01:31:58 pm »
Glad to hear she did well. I always think when they go to the vets, that it will be a nice break for the day. About an hour after they are gone I hate it. It is so quiet and I miss them.lol

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2005, 01:32:17 pm »
I am glad she did ok.  And its ok to want to cry.  I did when my pom got spayed.  I have to spay Willow.  The vet wants to do it at 9 mos.

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2005, 01:58:34 pm »
Maia got spayed at the end of a heat cycle and she was fine.
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Kiahpyr

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2005, 06:32:42 pm »
Kiah is home now and resting. She is very groggy still. I lifted her out of the back of the CR-V and she just layed down on the cold driveway. I had to pratically drag her in the house. I looked at her stitches and it looks good, but the other part is very swollen. Poor girl! The vet said she was a very good girl, is well mannered and is the sweestest puppy ever! That made my day after sitting at home waiting all day. I'm so happy she's back home and can't wait for her to get back to normal.

Thanks again for all your support!

Offline BabsT

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2005, 07:36:19 pm »
I am glad that all went well...Kiah could have had a silent heat or a very soft one because it was her first...i bet if my boy zero was there, he would let ya know LOL

I hope she has a speedy recovery
Zero 23mth  Central Asian Ovcharka
Anchara 16mth old Caucasian Ovcharka

k2campbell

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2005, 07:50:05 pm »
Glad everything went good for Kiah, that's great news!

I'm not sure when to spay Kate?  I have to get a hold of the breeder, but I've heard a lot of different suggestions and am becoming confused.  I've heard 6 mnths, 8 mnths, and even waiting until after she goes through her first heat?

Any advice (anyone)?  ???

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2005, 09:21:45 pm »
I am so glad that your little girl is home so mommy can love on her.  BabsT can you tell us a little more about a silent heat.  Dixie is 10 months old and I check her every other day with a tissue.  I want to be sure I do not miss it.

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)