Author Topic: How much did your Saint Weigh at 71/2 months  (Read 18675 times)

nickerbokker

Re: How much did your Saint Weigh at 71/2 months
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2005, 02:53:42 pm »
he just turned 6 months on the 6th.  and yes, he is a beautiful nerdy boy!  and a LOVER!

Offline Sullivan

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2005, 03:04:07 pm »
We have done Eukenuba/**** van Patten's mix and Innuva but now we use Solid Gold Beef and Barley with the **** van Patten's meat thing. Bear LOVES it! It is so healthy and has tons of vitamins/supplements in it to help his joints and keep a nice & shiny coat. He's a healthy 160 now and has excellent hips and elbows. Good luck in finding the right food.
As i'm sure you've read, we have so many food woes.  I'm so anxious to find a food that keeps weight on him, and keeps his poos solid.  Where do you get Solid Gold?  They don't have it at petsmart.  Do you have to order it? 
Bear is such a beautiful dog, I can't get over it.  His coat is so shiney and georgeous!  I'm willing to try anything that makes your dog look like that!  ;)

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2005, 05:33:21 pm »
We got our Saint when he was ten months old and he weighed 110lbs. Now at just shy of two years old he is 180lbs. Those Dane legs will be grown into, Hutch had legs that didn't seem like they would ever stop, but now he has grown right into them! We really worried about his growth too, because of all of the joint problems, so we brought him in for a weigh in on a monthly basis. 180 seems to be the weight that he should finally settle in at.
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey

waffles717

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2005, 11:53:00 am »
We have done Eukenuba/**** van Patten's mix and Innuva but now we use Solid Gold Beef and Barley with the **** van Patten's meat thing. Bear LOVES it! It is so healthy and has tons of vitamins/supplements in it to help his joints and keep a nice & shiny coat. He's a healthy 160 now and has excellent hips and elbows. Good luck in finding the right food.
As i'm sure you've read, we have so many food woes.  I'm so anxious to find a food that keeps weight on him, and keeps his poos solid.  Where do you get Solid Gold?  They don't have it at petsmart.  Do you have to order it?  
Bear is such a beautiful dog, I can't get over it.  His coat is so shiney and georgeous!  I'm willing to try anything that makes your dog look like that!  ;)

waffles717

Re: Have you asked your Breeder Yet???
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2005, 11:59:16 am »
Quote from: jabear link=topic=548.msg3992#msg3992ate=1115426893
We have done Eukenuba/**** van Patten's mix and Innuva but now we use Soliis so healthy and has tons of vitamins/supplements in it to help his joints and keep a nice & shiny coat. He's a healthy 160 now and has excellent hips and elbows. Good luck
Hello there,my name is may,my dog is maggie but i wanted to know have you asked your breeder why he is so small could be he is a little one might get that big,?if was a rount? i was wounding,i would call where you he came from,maggie is 5 mos she is 70 pounds that is what i mean,and is always hungury!!may good luck!!
As i'm sure you've read, we have so many food woes.  I'm so anxious to find a food that keeps weight on him, and keeps his poos solid.  Where do you get Solid Gold?  They don't have it at petsmart.  Do you have to order it?  
Bear is such a beautiful dog, I can't get over it.  His coat is so shiney and georgeous!  I'm willing to try anything that makes your dog look like that!  ;)
???

Offline Deenermae

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2005, 07:34:02 am »
My 7-month old female Saint weighs 90 pounds -- I am hoping her growth will slow from here on out.

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2005, 08:00:57 pm »
Zoey is a year old now and weighs 100. She has gained an average of 10lbs a month (more when she was younger, less now), so at 7 1/2 months, she was probably about 75lbs. We have been trying to get her to grow slowly (by giving her adult formula since the begining, and making sure she isn't eating too much) because of her hips - the way the vet explains it, she will still end up at the same final weight (we expect about 150 based on her mom's weight), but the longer she takes the go there, the better her hips will form and reduce the effects of her hip dysplacia for her whole life...

As for food, I actually just switched her off of Solid Gold. She was on Solid Gold Wolf King from for the past 6 months, and I was really happy with it for a long time (her coat was wonderful and she was healthy and happy) - it's really expensive, but I don't mind spending extra for my baby's health. Anyways, lately I have became less and less happy with it - every time I went to the pet store to buy it, I would have to buy the more expensive smaller bags or special order the large one (obviously you don't want to buy tiny bags of large breed "Wolfking"), and more importantly, Zoey's stool seemed to get softer and softer by the day until it was practically all diahrea. So now I am in the process of transitioning her to a brand called Wellness by a company called Old Mother Hubbard. It has all human-grade ingredients, lots of meat, good grain sources, and plenty of fruits, veggies, vitamins, and minerals. She is still in the adjustment stage so I can't review it yet, but I feel good about it so far.

RIP former BPO

BabsT

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2005, 01:38:21 pm »
I dont own a Saint but I do own a Central Asian Ovcharka and he at 7.5 months weighs 101 lbs and around 28.5" or 29" at the shouler.  he should be the same size as a adult male saint.  You can hear a lot of people talking about how large there dog is but the the other dog could be overweight.  My dog gets a raw diet and eats 1.75 lbs or raw meaty bones a day and i try not to feed him cookies either

As long as your dog is healthy, that is all that matters...a skinny large breed is a healthy large breed

Good Luck with your beautiful looking saint!

Offline Saintly Girl

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Maxwell
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2005, 01:57:03 pm »
Max was 76.3 lbs at 21 weeks.  Couldn't weigh him after that.  My Saint Bernard Weight Chart says at 7 months a Male is 101 and a female is 96.5 lbs.  These are averages and I find they are conservative.  Maxwell is now two weeks away from his first birthday and he's about 150 or so.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2005, 02:01:05 pm »
Do they all have the same look in their eyes, or what?  Awwwhhhh.

Offline dufus

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2005, 04:38:47 am »
Day-z was 1 yesterday, so today we went to the vets for her annual check up and a weigh in.

He asked me how much i thought she weighed and i guessed 120lbs, he said he thought she was more.

Well, turns out she weighed in at a mere 103lbs.  I don't believe the scales, she is a proper big dog.  The vet said we will weigh her again next month.......

I wish i had the same problem.....

Ah well

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2005, 06:02:19 am »
Molly wieghted 21 lbs 6 oz last week and was 12 1/2 weeks old. I can tell you tomorrow night how much she gained in a week because she has another vet appoint meet. She is eating Pro Plan Giant Breed puppy dry and wet althought after the can food is gone she will eat reg. pro plan can. She also gets yogart or cottage cheese 2 to 3 times a week. Our other dogs eat Pro Plan Turkey and barley and wet food.

Lyn

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2005, 10:25:27 am »
Bubba is 7 1/2 months now and he weighs 100 pounds even. So that weight chart does seem to be somewhat accurate.