Author Topic: Dixie Darlin's Show  (Read 13236 times)

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Dixie Darlin's Show
« on: November 18, 2005, 10:02:10 pm »
Dixie Darlin -

First Prize - Blue Ribbon - Puppy

Puppy Best of Breed  - Green Ribbon

Reserve Winner - Purpple and White Ribbon

Ok, guys I am so out of it tonight, after the long day I did not even know that Dixie should have moved up into the group puppy today, since she won the Best of Breed puppy.  Guess you live and learn.  I e-mail the breeder (Kim) and she told me this is not given out a lot.  So I guess I will have to learn a lot more about how the ring works.  Anyway it is off to sleep for us, and then back to the show on Sunday.

Lisa

Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

henrysmomma

Re: Dixie Darlin's Show
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2005, 10:04:04 pm »
Wow!Sounds like your girl did real good! Congrats!

Rose

Kiahpyr

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2005, 11:04:54 pm »
Go Dixie!!! I'm so happy for the both of you. I'm sure she'll do great again tomorrow.

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2005, 11:30:39 pm »
That is the best news I've had today!!!...I knew she was a winner!!...Best of luck tomorrow! ;D

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2005, 11:30:42 pm »
It sounds as if she's doing great!  I must admit to being totally clueless to the levels of dog-showing, but she's got a lot of ribbons so she must be winning!  We're cheering her on  and as soon as you figure it out, please educate me!!! ;D  We're cheering her on tomorrow!!

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2005, 12:47:53 am »
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2005, 12:49:50 am »
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2005, 12:50:40 am »

Offline nohesnotahorse

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2005, 01:06:42 am »
CONGRATULATION S!!!  I'm sorry I midssed it today; I had hoped to make it out there today, have to work again tomorrow (I drew the short straw this weekend  :-[ ), but I'm going to try to get out there for a few minutes before I have to be back to work!  Hope tomorrow goes just as well for you!
Tom, Overwhelmed, Overrun and Overruled by Feste, Chance and Puck!
'Aide toi et Dieu t'aidera.' (God helps those who help themselves.)
'Fortes fortuna juvat.' (Fortune favors the brave.)

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2005, 02:16:47 am »
OMG!!...After looking at those pics I can't believe how much her body style resembles Pippin's!!...Jackie told me he was a show quality dog...It is amazing how an experienced breeder has them pegged even as pups!!...Did you know Dixie was show quality when you got her?...How old was she?...Unfortunatl ey Pippin has been altered...Afte r seeing how well Dixie did today & watching Pippin in the yard moving about I know he could have been a contender!...lol...I will have to live vicariously through you & Dixie, Lisa...GGGGOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOO Dixie!!! ;D...B.t.w., What do you know about the Pyrless lines? (If I spelled that right.)

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2005, 08:36:50 am »
The pyrless lines are great! Is that in Pippin's background? Dixie' Grand Sire is Rivergroves Kendall Jackson, who has been a top 10 Pyr for several years.  I did know that Dixie was show quality, but wanted her as a baby girl  and pal for Sugar Bear.  She was 11 weeks old when I got her. Check out her brother and sister at http://hometown.aol.com/trialwylies/index.html 

Gypsy we love having you live it with us. You could add that little girl and join us ;) . Every time you post about Pippin and Sammy it could almost be Dixie and Sugar Bear.  I could kick my self for having Sugar Bear fixed, he was a show quality pup but Joe let me have him as a pet since I had just lost Rosie and fell in love with the little guy.  They both had a great time yesterday.  Most of the people we talked to were very nices.  There were a few that need to take a chill pill.  One lady informed me in a not so nice way that the "those big dogs, scare the little dogs, so move them".   The dog was up on a table and Sugar Bear only looked at it.  >:( Guess you have all types at these things.

I did talk with one really nice lady that was trying to get her last two point to finish a saint.  She told me that with the just a little more ring time Dixie should have taken "Best of Breed" for the group, not just "Best of Breed Puppy".  That made me feel great. 

OMG!!...After looking at those pics I can't believe how much her body style resembles Pippin's!!...Jackie told me he was a show quality dog...It is amazing how an experienced breeder has them pegged even as pups!!...Did you know Dixie was show quality when you got her?...How old was she?...Unfortunatl ey Pippin has been altered...Afte r seeing how well Dixie did today & watching Pippin in the yard moving about I know he could have been a contender!...lol...I will have to live vicariously through you & Dixie, Lisa...GGGGOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOO Dixie!!! ;D...B.t.w., What do you know about the Pyrless lines? (If I spelled that right.)

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2005, 08:38:06 am »
Brandon,  Thanks for posting the photos.  I don't have any so it is great to see them.  Maybe I will get some today.

Lisa

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2005, 08:54:50 am »
Thanks, that is me.  I could not be anymore proud of her if she had won the whole thing.  I just love my fur-babies.  I have to get a photo to day of the Southerbell girls and Sugar Bear.  For about an hour he had four girls in southerbell dress sitting on the floor around him.  He even fell asleep with his head on the girl in the peach dress.  One of the girls was so afraid of dogs that she was about to cry, but she was able to touch Sugar Bear and said how very sweet he was.  They did not tell he she was doing a dog show.  He was so sweet he licked her hand as if to tell he it was ok, he was a good boy.  I can not tell you how proud that made me of my babies.  The were so very good the entire day. We were there from 8am until 5pm. 

Lisa

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2005, 09:27:10 am »
Dixie's Ribbons.

Kiahpyr

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2005, 10:30:28 am »
I'm so proud of the two of you! Lisa your doing such a great job with both your babies. I wish you many more ribbons to come.