Author Topic: More on bad trainer  (Read 5054 times)

Offline AimeeSedlock

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
More on bad trainer
« on: November 19, 2005, 07:19:14 pm »
Ok, I have have found some other people in my area that have had their dogs hung at the same dog trainer, I haven't been able to contact them yet, but I will. What I want to know is, is there anywhere I can find the rules on dog training, I mean the hanging part. The local ASPCA said it is a way of training BUT only used in an extreme problem, like the dog is attacking you, someone else or another dog, and I mean trying to kill, and even then when they hang them their back feet don't leave the floor.
I would really like to get a lot of people around here together and see what we can do to STOP this so called trainer, FOR GOOD..  He is abusive!!!
If any of you don't know what I'm talking about, check my other post called, "Bad Trainer??"

Thanks for any help

Aimee

Icerotti

Re: More on bad trainer
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2005, 09:50:00 pm »
That would be great if you can get him stopped!! That was so horrible. How is your baby doing now?

Offline hugo~monster

• Big Paw Certified
  • Giants- companion-protector-inspiration-friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2005, 12:25:45 am »
write a letter to your local paper's editor, file a formal complaint with the police against the guy for animal abuse, if you took your dog to the vet over any injuries he sustained during this training session then deliver them to the guy so he can pay for them.  sue him for the cost of his training class you already paid for plus medical bills.  i am not for sure how far you are wanting to take this, but there are several routes i imagine you could take.  and if there are more people who experienced this trainer's methods you could talk to them and hear their stories.  good luck.  how is your puppy dog????
~SHELLIE & HUGO~

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2005, 03:07:23 am »
Ok, I have have found some other people in my area that have had their dogs hung at the same dog trainer, I haven't been able to contact them yet, but I will. What I want to know is, is there anywhere I can find the rules on dog training, I mean the hanging part. The local ASPCA said it is a way of training BUT only used in an extreme problem, like the dog is attacking you, someone else or another dog, and I mean trying to kill, and even then when they hang them their back feet don't leave the floor.
I would really like to get a lot of people around here together and see what we can do to STOP this so called trainer, FOR GOOD..  He is abusive!!!
If any of you don't know what I'm talking about, check my other post called, "Bad Trainer??"

Thanks for any help

Aimee
I'd write a letter to your local paper & call any breeders & pet shops in your area & ask them to pass the word on...& please remember that in the dog community word of mouth goes a long way!!...When I asked my trainer about this practice he all but spit venom!

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2006, 04:10:25 pm »
I feel so bad for you and your puppy.  I have an aussie and i can't imagine having someone do that to her.  You should definately go after the jerk and spread the word.  I hope he gets maximum sentence for animal cruelty although I should warn you that it's generally is a fine or a year in jail (not quite sure on your area; you should look into PA law).  Good luck with training and as far as socialization try to go to petstores and just take your dog places with you.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties