Author Topic: Nee LOVES his new Kitty  (Read 4831 times)

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Nee LOVES his new Kitty
« on: November 21, 2005, 10:44:15 pm »
Maybe a bit too much.  By the way the kitty isn't phased at all by this.

http://media.putfile.com/DSCF4533

BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
Re: Nee LOVES his new Kitty
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 12:26:19 pm »
Poor kitty!  That video seems really messed up, a cat is locked in a cage with a huge dog barking at it from the outside?  I know you said the cat isn't phased by it but I know most cats wouldn't like that situation very much and that's not going to endear Sanity to your kitty.  Hmmm....  maybe I'm only seeing one side of this but you're not painting a very pretty picture.  It would be interesting to see their interaction with the cat outside of the cage. 

Usually, all a dog needs are a few well placed swipes to figure out who's boss.  Drake likes to play with our cat Boo, but once he gets too rough, Boo lets him have it and it's over.  I hope that's the case with Sanity.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 12:28:07 pm by Newf Lover »
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2005, 12:39:59 pm »
What you can't see is that the kitten is right at the gate of the cage staring at him.  Sanity can't have alot of interaction with her because he gets too excited.  If you want I can post a video of me holding the cat, with him doing the same thing and she doesn't care.  He is still a baby as is she.  If I were to let her out to swipe at him, one well placed foot could squash her into oblivion.  Which would be more messed up?

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 12:44:49 pm »
that's precious!  Has the kitty been out to play and chase yet?

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2005, 12:52:45 pm »
Lins, the kitty is out like all the time.  Since I spend most of my time in the office so does Nee (His choice).  The kitten has run of the rest of the house.  (She's my grandmother's kitten)  The only reason she was in the crate was my grandmother was out for the night and we put the kitten in her bedroom.  But she started meowing after a while, so I let her out in the rest of the house and shut Nee and I in the office.  Approximately 30 seconds later the kitten comes up the stairs and meows at the office door.  Nee is getting really excited, so I figure best thing to do is to put her in her crate (For like half an hour).  That's when the pics and video were taken.  After a few minutes, Nee went to lay down in front of the crate.  He didn't sit there and bark for a long time.  He stared at her for a while.  Then he laid down.  The Kitty went to sleep and all is well :)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2005, 12:58:40 pm »
Lins, the kitty is out like all the time.  Since I spend most of my time in the office so does Nee (His choice).  The kitten has run of the rest of the house.  (She's my grandmother's kitten)  The only reason she was in the crate was my grandmother was out for the night and we put the kitten in her bedroom.  But she started meowing after a while, so I let her out in the rest of the house and shut Nee and I in the office.  Approximately 30 seconds later the kitten comes up the stairs and meows at the office door.  Nee is getting really excited, so I figure best thing to do is to put her in her crate (For like half an hour).  That's when the pics and video were taken.  After a few minutes, Nee went to lay down in front of the crate.  He didn't sit there and bark for a long time.  He stared at her for a while.  Then he laid down.  The Kitty went to sleep and all is well :)
:) I just love it when the dog and cat are friends.  I found that it's always best to introduce them like you did or all chaos breaks out. :) 

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2005, 01:05:16 pm »
Thanks Lins.  He just gets sooo excited and he doesn't realize how big (and goofy) he is.  I would hate to expect her to fend for herself and her get hurt.  I swear she's the most mellow friendly kitten ever.  She purrs constantly and wants to be near people all the time.  I'm sure it'll be fine, just needs some time.  Sanity is fine with my old cat (he lives with my parents) but he grew up with dogs, and he's full grown.  The kitten is like the size of Nee's ear.  Just too many bad things that can happen in the blink of an eye.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2005, 01:16:30 pm »
Thanks Lins.  He just gets sooo excited and he doesn't realize how big (and goofy) he is.  I would hate to expect her to fend for herself and her get hurt.  I swear she's the most mellow friendly kitten ever.  She purrs constantly and wants to be near people all the time.  I'm sure it'll be fine, just needs some time.  Sanity is fine with my old cat (he lives with my parents) but he grew up with dogs, and he's full grown.  The kitten is like the size of Nee's ear.  Just too many bad things that can happen in the blink of an eye.
you can say that again!

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2005, 01:26:20 pm »
You're smart to be careful about this, big dogs just don't know their own strength.  Like I said, I was only seeing one side of this, which was Sanity barking at a kitty in a cage. Introducing puppies to full grown cats is much easier, hopefully Sanity and kitty become good buds one day and you can trust him to be alone with her.  :)
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2005, 04:00:26 pm »
Awwwe, from the sound of things, Nee loves the kitty already.  Give it a few weeks, and that kitten will in short time have the upper hand.  ;D

Gunther was supposedly exposed to cats before I got him.  I hope so, b/c after we move I plan on getting one.  Since he has no prey drive whatsoever, I think it should be okay.  He's really good around my bird.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2005, 04:08:05 pm »
that's where you get all your feather boas!   ;D

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2005, 04:35:25 pm »
that's where you get all your feather boas!   

Hahaha........ ........shoot, my secret is out!   ::)