Author Topic: Puppy and Christmas Trees  (Read 7652 times)

Offline Winslow 151

• Paw-meister
  • Winslow at 6 Months
    • View Profile
Puppy and Christmas Trees
« on: November 22, 2005, 02:53:38 pm »
Hi,

This will be Winslows first Christmas, and our 1st  with a puppy. Will the boy eat a real tree?  :-\  What precautions and such are needed to blend Real tree with Real Puppy  ;D

Happy Tails to All
Winslow's Dad

Nicole

Re: Puppy and Christmas Trees
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 02:56:46 pm »
HA! No particular advice, but the first time Cabeza experienced a real Christmas tree, he made it his...um..he peed on it. hehehehehe! So, just keep that in mind! hahahaha! It was actually really funny...it was at my in-laws, and I couldn't help but laugh! I mean, its not his fault! Why would he understand stupid humans putting trees in the house, right? hahahhahaha!

Never had him eat one, though. And now, he seems to know better than to pee on it. We haven't had any problems other than that one.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2005, 03:03:41 pm »
it's always a good time.  This will be Gracey's first too.  Lady was good with the tree.  I just watched her closely.

Icerotti

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 03:05:30 pm »
This is Farleys' first year too. I just know I will posting here about something..... . I am thinking along the lines of what Cabeza did...lol.

Yeah they brought the outside inside just for me....whooo ::)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2005, 03:07:11 pm »
Well it is natural...and those things are usually outside.  the cats I had actually gave me more trouble with trees.  I think Lady may have pooped out garland for a while...but she never knocked the tree over or peed on or under it. 

Offline Winslow 151

• Paw-meister
  • Winslow at 6 Months
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2005, 03:10:56 pm »
Hi,

Just found this Link I thought I'd pass it along. SOme things to think of about Pets and the new stuff in the rooms. I love'd the bring the outside in Winslow will think he hit the lottery.

http://www.puplife.com/dogcaretips/dogsafetychristmas.html
Happy Tails to All
Winslow's Dad

Nicole

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2005, 03:12:43 pm »
Oh MY. I shudder to think what Farley will do to the Christmas tree! HA! You may wanna get him a jock-strap, Icy! HAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAH!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2005, 03:13:57 pm »
I bet whatever happens it'll be so cute and we'll love the pictures. 

Nicole

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2005, 03:15:31 pm »
Yeah, but it may cause the poor little Viszla some injuries! HA! I mean, at least the dolphin was soft and didn't have needles!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2005, 03:20:37 pm »
Does Farley have a live tree or an artificial tree?

Make sure he's asleep when Santa comes down the chimney! 

Nicole

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2005, 03:23:09 pm »
HA! Poor little Farley.

Icerotti

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2005, 03:28:30 pm »
ha.aaaaaa..haa aaaaaa...You guys are so funny ;)  This year will be the first year in a long time that we will be having a real tree. It will be quit a challenge for Farley , I do beleive. Peeing wise but also with the decos--he loves anything ball shaped.  Yes, Santa better run if Farley is awake....... ;D
Can you imagine going to the vets explaining a rash in a certain area caused by a tree.....(vet) you say he did what to the christmas tree...good lord whats wrong with your dog lady :o

That was a great link Winslow Thanks :)

Nicole

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2005, 03:39:08 pm »
HA! I'm just imagining you at the vet, Icey! ha!

Puck is like, in the corner, rolling his eyes, thinking, "I TOLD Farley that the Christmas tree isn't his girlfriend. He wouldn't listen to me...."

And you're telling the vet, "I don't know, Doc. I came home, the Christmas tree was on the floor, Farley was, well....um...g etting friendly with it....I don't know! Don't you have a cream or something for this!?"

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2005, 03:43:10 pm »
HA! I'm just imagining you at the vet, Icey! ha!

Puck is like, in the corner, rolling his eyes, thinking, "I TOLD Farley that the Christmas tree isn't his girlfriend. He wouldn't listen to me...."

And you're telling the vet, "I don't know, Doc. I came home, the Christmas tree was on the floor, Farley was, well....um...g etting friendly with it....I don't know! Don't you have a cream or something for this!?"

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHH  HAHAHAHAHAHA!  I can't stand it! 
A cream?  Oh my lord!

Nicole

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2005, 03:50:13 pm »
HA! Poor Farley...if he only knew...