Author Topic: What happened to my post....I can't find it anywhere...  (Read 4307 times)

Offline Perdi's Mom

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
What happened to my post....I can't find it anywhere...
« on: November 30, 2005, 11:43:17 am »
I posted yesterday about being a Newbie here and getting my first full dane...I have no clue where the post went....could someone elighten me as to where to look....Thanks!

Perdi is adjusting...ev erything is so scary for her...sometime s it just makes me sad that she never was properly taught things...she is crate training right now and went in for the first time this morning...shoo k like a leaf, but she's so attached to me that she wasn't going to sit outside that cage for long with me inside calling to her...she likes to chew my door trim when I leave, so we need to make sure she is safe while we are gone.  Not only that I can't always take her everywhere with me like we do right now!  Although she loves it, so do we, and atleast people stay away from our truck ;-)! 

We're taking her today to get a nice treat for when she kennels up. 
Our pets love us no matter what....can't say the same for humans....

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Re: What happened to my post....I can't find it anywhere...
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 11:46:26 am »
I remember reading your post yesterday and it had quite a few replies. Perdi is... well, Purty!! She's gorgeous, actually.

It probably just got pushed down the list with all the new topics popping up so hit the "great dane discussions" link and scroll through the topics that pop up. you should find it that way.

jeanne
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 11:49:10 am »
Your post is here

http://www.bigpawsonly.com/index.php/topic,5787.0.html

You posted in introduce yourself, if you go there it'll be easier to find.
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 11:50:07 am »
Try looking under the Great Dane forum or under the introduction forum if it's not on the long list of present topics.  Yep...it's there.  it just got pushed down.  There's a place to the right of your screen where it says 'click to enter forums'.  It's right there!

And congrats on the puppy.  Other know more about Danes than I.  I have two Newfoundlands, Chester and Cowboy.

Offline Perdi's Mom

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 12:02:46 pm »
I'm such a goob  :D!  I looked all over....oh well...I figure my way around here before too long!  Thanks for the compliments on Perdi.  We think she's purty too!

GR8DAME

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2005, 12:35:37 pm »
We have always cage trained our dogs, including Raven, who was a year old when we got her and severely abused.
The most coveted treat in out house is a cage treat only, and is a kong, filled with liver treats, glued with peanut butter and frozen.
Also try feeding her in her cage, with the door open. The more positive associations she has with the cage, the less frightened she will become of it.
Stella

Offline Perdi's Mom

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2005, 12:43:23 pm »
It was funny...first we got one cage we thought would fit her-they also didn't have the other cage in yet and we wanted to get started.  Well she didn't understand that she had to duck her sholders a little to get in through the door.  She hit the top a little and her mind was made up...she was NOT going in...we gave that up after day 2 and took it back to get the ultra large cage special ordered...you BPO people know what I'm talking about...#99N.  That thing is monsterous and right now sits in half the dining room of my little 1400 Sq ft house!  That's ok though, because she went in it this morning after about 6 minutes of conjoling her with me in there...then later we went in again and she sat in there all by herself and I walked out with keys in hand....she did not go nuts atleast.  Came back about 5 minutes later and let her out.  She of course got tons of lovin'.  I too crate train all my dogs.  I feel it's just safer for the dogs and the home while you are gone and also in case people come over who are scared of her, mainly little kids and I have lots of friends with little ones so....