Author Topic: Neutering When?  (Read 7712 times)

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: Neutering When?
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2005, 06:41:18 pm »
I had Judge done at 1.5 years and if I had to do it again I would get it done much earlier. It was really hard on him and I attribute that to his size.
Here are some pictures.
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2005, 07:23:19 pm »
I gotta agree....POOR Judge!!!  Makes me want to take Chester now!!!

Lyn

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2005, 07:25:27 pm »
My vet wanted to give Bubba the snip at 5 months old! I thought No way.. seems waaay to young to me.

Hubby and I talked about it and we are going to wait as long as possible. I also read about the growth plate issue.. and I figure as long as he behaves and doesn't get too obnoxious we will let Bubba keep them for awhile. He's 10 months now and so far he's still a loveable friendly guy. He's still very much a puppy though.. and from what my vet said is between 12-18 months is when we *could* see behaviours develop. If we do then he will get the big snip.

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2005, 09:25:15 pm »
when do pups usually start humping? I know it's a weird question, but Cooper, who is 12 weeks today, started about a week and a half ago. He curls up Sam's rug and does it there, and only there. Should we stop him? He tried doing it to my leg, but I quickly put an end to that.
"The more boys I meet the more I like dogs"

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

I'm blonde... whats your exc