Author Topic: Out for a hike  (Read 4868 times)

Offline queenkofsnow

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Out for a hike
« on: December 06, 2005, 07:24:01 pm »
I took my pups...Mike and K2...out in the woods for a hike today.  Mike was in heaven...we had his frisbee along and Dan would throw it waaaaaaay out in the field....Mike would go flying out there  and get it and bring it back just to play keep away.  Mike loves to run way far ahead and turn around and plan an attack coming back just grazing you as he flies by and runs way back and turns around and does it again and again and again.  Well, we came to a small river with a beaver dam.  Mike has never paid attention to it, but today for some reason he went running right over to it...maybe for a drink of water, but he leapt over the damn onto thin ice..........a nd yup.........he broke through!!!!!!!  I was so scared.  He took three giant leaps and the ice kept breaking!!!  The monster finally made it onto thicker ice, but now he was soaking wet and it was 15 degrees out and we were over 3 miles from the car!!!  The goof ball just kept right on playing....it never phased him!!  I could have strangled the silly pup!!!  We shall see just how much energy he has tonight at obedience training!!

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
Re: Out for a hike
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 10:10:22 pm »
He probably didn't even know he was wet!

Offline queenkofsnow

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2005, 11:32:27 pm »
Well, Mike though obedience training was sooooooooooo boring after his romp in the woods today.  It was like....You want me to sit how many more times?  Can we go home now.  Actually, he did the rally stuff pretty good....it was more fun than the usual stuff.

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 12:33:44 pm »
I was late to this threadf sorry Mary!  I know you already told me about it privately, but anyhow....He probably did not get wet to the skin, their coat is so awesome whenit comes to repelling water and dirt!  Aidan liked agility part of obedience,  I am looking forward to the new classes this winter!
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson