Author Topic: PLEASE EVERYONE READ  (Read 22071 times)

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
Re: PLEASE EVERYONE READ
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2005, 09:05:29 pm »
You know what simply amazes me is the type of snare she was in, stuck around her neck it is designed to choke the life out of the animal snared.  Typically the pulling and thrashing pulls it tight and it gets tighter the harder you pull, and locks it just continues until the animal is gone.  Steve said he could not believe how smart she was to be so still it was tight but not tight enough to kill her, he said when she realized he was near and started "screaming in distress" he lost his winter hat running, he said he knew then she was in a snare but it was windy and it seemed like her voice was coming from all directions then he found the trapping area, buckets of bait everywhere.  I cringe just thinking how terrified she had to have been and for 3 nights and 4 days....
Now we have 2 babies both for hunting birds.  And so the saga continues.  I will update everyone when the Game Warde calls, apparently they don't have an "On Call" so the dispatcher left messages at their homes and offices.  I called my friend who is a highway patrolman and knows the Game Wardens around here and he provided some numbers so now it is a waiting game.  I am also attaching some pic's of Cali, Aidan,Shadow, and Beauty.  The pic's of cali, Shadow, and Aidan were taken the night before she dissapeared, the one of Nic and Beauty was just last night. 
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2005, 09:38:06 pm »
Happy Dance ;D Happy Dance, :D Happy Dance, :DHappy Dance :D

What an amazing story!!!  I'm so teary sitting here!!!  FABULOUS news!!

>:((Okay....PLEASE can I go put your neighbor's head in the snare???  OH PLEASE?  NOT as long...maybe just two days..next time there's a blizzard.  See how humane I am?  ONLY two days!!!  I'm sorry, I'm NOT a forgiving soul and that guy is going to a place that is hot  >:(all year round...
« Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 09:38:43 pm by newflvr »

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2005, 12:16:47 am »
Oh, I am so glad she is back.  That poor baby - stuck out there in the snare for 4 days!  I bet she is SO glad to be home, and I can only imagine how happy Anthony was...
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2005, 12:55:18 am »
I am so happy to hear that she is safe and sound! That is truely a miracle.

I hope that the police/game warden can get some justice for you. Like others have said I'd like to see your neighbor lay out in the sanre for a few days and see how he likes it  >:(
RIP former BPO

Offline LaurieW

• Big Paw Certified
  • Bella
    • View Profile
    • Hands of Healing
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2005, 02:00:00 am »
Yeah!!!  This is such good news!!!  What a relief that you found her in time!!!
-LaurieW

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2005, 02:24:26 am »
The Game Warden called, he is going to be "visiting" them and before he does he will check their trap line.  I still cannot stop tearing up everytime I look at Shadow...IMyri ssa, my daughter, wrote a 3 page letter to the newspaper on trapping responsibily, and what happened...The y do not take articles that long, but I am turning it in anyway and her and I will be editing it to a manner that it will be accepted in the letter to the editor.  If it is printed you will all recieve a copy via big paws of the article.(actually I will write it in a post titled " Our Experience" so you all can read it)  I suspect it will be given the size of our town and the situation.  We have had to take off Shadow's collar as her throat under her chin has a HUGE swollen area.  Andy, our vet will check her Monday.  He is not overly concerned as she is breathing fine.  Attached is Myrissa loving Shadow...
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

k2campbell

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2005, 02:28:35 am »
I really hope the letter speaks volumes and prevents this from ever happening again.  Some people just don't care (and) I can't stand that! 

Shadow looks to be quite comfy back at home - I'm so happy for you guys!  What a relief.  I'm sure Shadow is relieved as well!

WHEW!  ;)

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2005, 02:00:28 pm »
I think the only residual effects she will have is a UTI which of course can be treated.  Steve will take her in to the vet tomorrow, he will check her over and as I am almost 100% positive she has a bladder infection she will probably come home on an antibiotic.  She is peeing like crazy, I took her out and she peed 3 times squatted 5 and only dribbled the last few times.  Immediately on coming inside she began squatting again, more than once, but only dribbles.  Mabye just nerves, but she acts like a classic bladder infection.  ANyway, I am off to the m ovies AGAIN, my daughter missed out on seeing Narnia yesterday and was not very pleased with me, the little town 10 miles up the road has an old movie theatre literally ancient, you can see movies for 3.00, so off we go!
Storm Jameson

Kiahpyr

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2005, 02:04:20 pm »
Shadow sure looks happy she's back home where she belongs. Have fun at the movies again. We have a cheap theatre here too. I haven't been to it yet. It's hard to take a toddler to a movie.

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2005, 02:04:38 pm »
Cooper is doing the same thing. I will call the vet and try and make an appointment...  :-\

Wasn't Narnia sooooo good?!?!?! I saw it Friday  :)
"The more boys I meet the more I like dogs"

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

I'm blonde... whats your exc

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2005, 05:13:39 pm »
I am so happy that yo9u fjound Shadow.  ;D Now your son has 2 dogs, what a wonderful Christmas for you and your family!

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2005, 06:35:29 pm »
Narnia was very good, the second time around was not bad either.  Having 2 pups is quite the treat !  Actually 3 but Cali is almost 6 months old, not little like the other 2!  Anthony is very happy Shadow is home, and Ginger is following Steve around like he is her mother so I suspect she will turn out being mainly "his" girl.  Whichi s ok.  Steve and Anthony hunt together, so they will each have a girl to train together also.  Everything works out the way it should in the end doesn't it?  Steve does not like the name Ginger, he does not think it fits her, I have to agree she is just so wild and fierce!  Who knows if she will continue as Ginger or if he will change her name.  I am exhausted and going for a nap! 
Storm Jameson

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2005, 07:53:31 pm »
Steve does not like the name Ginger, he does not think it fits her, I have to agree she is just so wild and fierce!  Who knows if she will continue as Ginger or if he will change her name.  I am exhausted and going for a nap! 

Sorry but when you first posted about Ginger I thought of Granuaile (Grace O'Malley).  She's a gaelic pirate, known for her firey red hair and fierceness in battle.  Couple of links about her here.  (Unfortunately most Gaelic names can't be pronounced by English speaking people  :P  )

http://www.lanceandeskimo.com/lance/pirates.html

And just tp reiterate what everyone else said, I am SOOOO glad Shadow is home (Ask Matt I was bawling my eyes out), and the B****** that is responsible for your and her pain had better hope the authorities give him a stiff enough penalty or he'll have alot of PO'd woman with big dogs to deal with.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2005, 07:56:07 pm by Anky »
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline queenkofsnow

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2005, 08:03:33 pm »
Shana........T HAT IS WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!   What a tough little pup..I just can't believe it!! It is so good to hear some good news after hearing so much sad news!  I can't wait to see the new puppys.....you're going to be very, very busy people!!!!!

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2005, 08:50:29 pm »
Mary, You aren't kidding, we are going to be incredibly busy, or should I say the Dad and son will soon be training their pups.  It is going to be a wild ride!  The more the merrier when well trained I say!  We are going to be adding another kennel out the back door and wrap around the back of thehouse as soon as the ground thaws and we can did holes for the posts then when the dogs are inside we can safely let them out of the house, this will also give me a containment  area for in heat females.  Talk to you soon!
Storm Jameson