Author Topic: PLEASE EVERYONE READ  (Read 22138 times)

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: PLEASE EVERYONE READ
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2005, 09:58:56 pm »
Is Shadow a full lab?
"The more boys I meet the more I like dogs"

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

I'm blonde... whats your exc

Offline my3dogs

• Leader of the Pack
  • Daisy - FEB 2006
    • View Profile
    • Blossoming Daisy
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2005, 12:33:32 am »
This is the happiest ending!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

"As long as the world is turning and spinning, we're gonna be dizzy and we're gonna make mistakes." - Mel Brooks
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/164179

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2005, 12:44:20 am »
Oh, I'm so happy to hear this news!  This truly is a Christmas miracle, for her to be able to survive freezing temps, confined and with no food or adequate water. 

I hope the story gets printed in the paper.  Instead of an editorial, they should actually interview your family for a story.  It would be very educational for many people.  I hope your neighbor is punished for being so irresponsible with his traps.

I love the pics you've posted so far.  Looks like everyone is enjoying the family reunion.  Again, I'm so happy she was able to come home safely.

Anakalia

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2005, 02:00:16 am »
OH WOW!!!  I can not believe this happy ending, it's wonderful!!!  You and your family must be thrilled!!!  I'm grinning from ear to ear this is terrific news!! ;D

Andi

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2005, 02:42:34 am »
I am soooooo happy to hear that it was a happy ending. You all must feel soooo relieved, and be in a total happy place  ;D

For traps, well I think of traps in general, well what I think of traps should not be put in writing, at least not on here, or Jabas will ban me lol. What I think of traps that are not taken care of in the fashion they should, well she will ban me just for thinking what I am thinking right now.

I understood use of traps in the cave age, but NOW........

Give big hugs to the poor thing, and I am sure she will be "fatten" up in no time  :D

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline queenkofsnow

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2005, 04:35:30 am »
I am still so totally AMAZED that this came out so good!!!  I just think of that poor puppy out there by herself....my heart justs aches.  I sure hope she recovers fully from this!!  When I take Mike out in the woods with me I always worry about traps even though I am in parks that don't allow any type of hunting I just don't trust some people!!!  I remember a friend of mine took her dog running the bike trail between Chisholm and Buhl and she lost him just briefly just to find him being strangled in a snare.....they were lucky and she freed him.  I just haven't forgotten that.   I am just so glad that yours turned out good, too.  Must have been all the positive thoughts from all the BPO group, right???!!

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2005, 09:00:56 am »
oooh we're sooo happy for you!!!! what a great miracle!!!  and what a smart puppy!!!!  ooh i'm just so happy, there are barely any words!
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2005, 11:37:47 am »
OH MY!! I'm off BPO for TWO DAYS and I totally miss the best story ever!! I was telling my husband about Shadow's disappearance on Friday and how I couldn't believe an eagle would carry off something so big. He's from the country so he could see it happening.

I was praying that maybe Shadow would show up somewhere in the woods. I guess a lot of us were! I'm so happy she is back home and will be OK.

Please let us know what the warden says after his "visit" to the neighbors and I can't wait to read your daughter's letter to the editor. Good for her! I'm so impressed with children that can take a negative situation like this, learn something from it, ask questions and make it a positive to spread the word so it doesn't happen again. You must be very proud of your family.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

dohertyswissy

« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2005, 11:49:47 am »
HOLY COW!!!!  That is WONDERFUL news!!!!!  Big ol' happy crocodile tears for you all!!! 

I'll be over with the baseball bat to take care of the neighbors....

Offline Binky

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2005, 12:49:29 pm »
YAY1  I am so HAPPY for you and the puppy!  Poor little thing.  Really, this is such wonderful news!  I called my husband (whom I had told about the missing pup) to tell him and he is so happy for you too!  Waht a releif.  Good news at last!
Binky-Great Pyrenees
Sophie-Leonberger
McDougal-Papillon
Chicklet-Papillon
Sigfried-Cat  RIP Sigs
Spooky-Cat
Jasper-Nigerian Dwarf goat
Ferdinand-Nigerian Dwarf goat

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2005, 02:12:56 pm »
That is just the best news!

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2005, 10:18:09 pm »
Must love Dogs, shadow is indeed a full lab, her parents are beautiful! 
Update on her vet visit:  She is being treated for a bladder infection, as well as a precaution for the swelling in her neck.  She will likely have scar tissue for life but we want to be sure that no abcesses form while her neck heals.  On wednesday she will visit with our vet for a day with Cali and recieve her 2nd set of shots and Cali her rabies vacc.  She was also wormed and looks much better today, more lively and ALMOST back to her old shennanigans!  The editor of our newspaper emailed me today with permission to print the letter I wrote to the editor. which is attached below.  I have yet to hear on Myrissa's.

" Irresponsible trapping in Tenstrike

On December 7 my son's 10 week old lab dissapeared after being let ouside to
go to the bathroom.  My husband looked everywhere.  We are well aware that
our neighbors and other local individuals have trap lines around us.  I
called our neighbor and left a message letting them know the pup was
missing, my husband actually went to their house and asked if they had any
traps, and if so could they check them to make sure she was not in one.  4
days later on December 10, while outside working on our kennel he thought he
heard yipping and decided to investigate one more time.  He looked for over
2 hours and finally discovered a trap line.  Our puppy was caught in a snare
around her neck where she obviously had been for numerous days and nights.
She was still alive, terrified, abrasions and swelling all around her neck
where the snare had caught her, and dehydrated.  What once was a little
butterball is now a bag of bones.  She will recover with TLC but as far as
the irresponsibili ty displayed by the trapper in leaving his lines unchecked
for 4 days even after being aware a puppy may be caught in one of his traps
I find unforgivable and reprehensible,showing a total blatant disregard for
the laws governing trapping which state unless a water set you must check
your line everyday. Clearly individuals who are so careless have no business
trapping to begin with.   You should be more careful in the future or you
may catch a hefty fine.

Submitted by
 Shana Kilde
Tenstrike, MN

I had to edit it a bit from the rough draft as it was a bit inappropriate (well very) for publishing, it was however very good for me to blow off the anger I felt! It will be very interesting to see if an actual article will be written from myrissa's story!  Stay tuned!
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson