Author Topic: UTI?  (Read 6354 times)

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
UTI?
« on: December 10, 2005, 01:19:04 pm »
Cooper has been peeing A LOT lately. I take him outside, and he goes right away... and usually a couple of times. When I take him inside, he whines and wants to go out again. At first, I just thought he wanted to play outside, so I just ignored it and tried to play with him inside {it's cold out...}, but he goes to the backdoor and sits down... then he paces around the house, and pees while he's walking. I took him outside, and he peed like 6 times! What really gets me is that he pees while he's walking. Is this normal? Do you guys think it's an infection? The vet told us to give him some adult food along with the puppy chow, do you think that might be the problem???

Help!

{modified to add picture}
« Last Edit: December 10, 2005, 01:24:55 pm by MustLove Dogs »
"The more boys I meet the more I like dogs"

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

I'm blonde... whats your exc

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: UTI?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2005, 01:54:27 pm »
Sounds like an UTI. I would make a vet apt. as soon as you can. Sometimes UTI's can be hard to battle, and the sooner the better. Goodluck little Cooper.
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey

Kiahpyr

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2005, 01:59:45 pm »
He's so cute!!!! I would definately call the vet.

Offline Loretta

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2005, 02:49:19 pm »
If you take him into the vet you should think of taking a urine sample in with you.  Then they can check for blood etc.
Loretta

k2campbell

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2005, 02:58:06 pm »
That's what is sounds like to me (but oh my gosh) is Cooper ever a cutie!!!  ;)

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2005, 04:07:08 pm »
Thanks everyone!! I'm going to call the vet tomorrow :)

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2005, 06:43:31 pm »
Shadow is having hte same problem after her episode in the snare for 4 days I am not sure how much she was able to move about a pee, nor did she get the hydration she needed so I am also making a vet visit in the morning. 
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2005, 07:44:56 pm »
she's adorable  :) I'm glad she's ok!