Author Topic: PETRA IS ALIVE!!! OMG!  (Read 34089 times)

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: PETRA IS ALIVE!!! OMG!
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2005, 10:13:47 am »
Yeah, c'mon,
her priorities right now aren't to make sure we are all up to date on what is happening. She has A LOT on her plate.

I can't believe what has happened to Petra. Poor poor girl. This is terrible. Smohr, I hope somehow some good comes of this, and I hope everyone eventually comes to a place of peace, and those inhumane vets are shut down.

Offline The Brindle Pack

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2005, 10:15:03 am »
WOW....this is just unreal.

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2005, 10:18:04 am »
Let's not argue right now.  If we wait patiently for now, I'm sure that we'll have all the facts soon.

Sofia and Deena

Kiahpyr

« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2005, 10:18:29 am »
OMG Sherry!! I saw the headline and couldn't believe it. You've been throught so much already.

Nicole

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2005, 10:23:07 am »
 ??? ??? ??? ???

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2005, 11:06:21 am »
Ok everyone....un til we hear from Smohr lets remain calm.  :( I've pm'd her asking for her vet's info and am hoping to get it soon so that I can talk to the vet personally. The whole situation with Petra has tugged at our very core, so let's hope that we hear from her soon and are able to curb any suspicions.  :-\
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2005, 11:27:06 am »
Sherry, when you check back with us, PLEASE go to HSUS.org and find your regional office. Call them IMMEDIATELY and let them know what happened. This situation needs to be investigated. They have put you and Petra through too much stress and who knows what effects a too-strong, but not fatal dose of anesthesia can do to Petra?

My thoughts will be with you all day.

Jeanne
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2005, 11:32:11 am »
OMG!! I cant even get this all strait. I sure hope everything is going OK. As a few of you have said its hard to keep everyone posted on here when something is going on with your baby. Lets all pray that everything is OK .
Sherry
Our thoughts are with you. Its so hard to believe this and everyone is so worried. We will wait patiently for your reply.
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2005, 12:24:16 pm »
OMG!  I am totally floored...I read some of the posts about her going over the bridge....and the vet who wanted her....do you think possibly he had them give her enough to make it look like she had passed?????OMG it is horrific to even imagine, but people can do some incredibly wrong things!  I hope she will be ok.
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2005, 12:34:47 pm »
Oh, Sherri, I'm absolutely sick to my stomach over what you've had to go through.  It's just unbelieveable!  It's not right in any shape or form.  From start to finish....it's a nightmare!

We are all waiting to hear what happens next....please keep us informed!!

smohr

« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2005, 01:17:49 pm »
OMG!! I don't even know what to say.  >:(

They probably told you they sent her head off for testing because you had asked for her ashes. They needed to delay. How long did they seriously think they could pull this off. Word can't even discribe what I would like to do to that vet.  >:(

Sherry, I can't even imagine the range of emotions you must be going through right now. Ditto on what Lins said.. letters, calls anything. Just let us know. [/color]

I never thought of that, but of course I wouldn't until you brought it up.  I wanted her ashes.  One of them would've gotten some out of their ash pit in a fireplace I suppose. 

After I get my check back from this vet, I am planning an all out war on them.  We don't have a BBB here in WV (state too small of population), but I did call the Chamber of Commerce and the Mayor's Office, the Chief of Police and the Governor's Office who referred me to a Consumer's Office.  Gonna lie down now.  Tired.  Up all nite w/Petra and then to a vet.
[/color][/b]
« Last Edit: December 14, 2005, 01:19:42 pm by smohr »

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2005, 01:21:23 pm »
When you are ready to go to war, give us marching orders!  I, for one, am with you... just tell me who to write, call, send bad karma to  >:(!  It's not fair to you OR Petra! 

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2005, 01:21:53 pm »
Actually, your state does have a BBB!

West Virginia

Better Business Bureau
910 Quarrier St., Ste 405-406
Charleston, WV 25301
304-345-7502
Fax: 304-345-7511
E-mail: info@cantonbbb.org
www.greaterwes tvirginiabbb.o rg

Hopes this helps!

Sofia and Deena
« Last Edit: December 14, 2005, 01:26:34 pm by Good Hope »

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2005, 01:22:42 pm »
Oh Sherri I am so sorry for what you are going through. As soon as I saw the headline I started to bawl. I can't even imagine the pain that you are in right now. I feel some of that pain too. I know that she is not my girl, but I feel that we all know her a little bit and feel like she is one of ours. And now this.... I am so sorry for you and your family. And those awful people that did this to you need to be brought to justice!  >:( We are all with you 100%

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Nicole

« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2005, 01:26:39 pm »
Hey, Jenn....

Smohr is really grieving right now, this is really..wow... I don't know what to say other than totally unbelieveable. ..maybe we should call the WV AMA for her?