Author Topic: PETRA IS ALIVE!!! OMG!  (Read 34078 times)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: PETRA IS ALIVE!!! OMG!
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2005, 01:28:05 pm »
Smohr- please respond to the PM that I sent you. Thanks!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2005, 02:02:40 pm »
Thats a great idea for you guys to call someone about this. Im sure Sherry has been through enough and likely doesnt have the energy to do this for herself. This is so unbelievable . I have been on here more today than I have been for a long time. Keep us posted as to what you ladys find out.
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

smohr

« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2005, 04:50:12 pm »
I called the vet who did this to tell them I wanted my original check back (I began to think about them sending me a counter check instead of mine) and they said they would send it back.  They pointed out that I only put "Petra" on the check and it was my word against theirs that I had wanted her put to sleep!!!  They told me it was time for her booster shots and she had to be wormed!!!  They are covering their behinds right now.

I told them I had posted to a website that I was going to have her put to sleep and several people had seen it and they said that was no proof of action. 

WHAT JERKS!!!

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2005, 05:04:18 pm »
They are HORRIBLE!! I HATE them!! I'm ready to go picket in front  of their office with you!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

smohr

« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2005, 05:11:35 pm »
The WV Veterinary Assoc. should definitely know about this as well:

WVVMA
#35 Turner Road 
Elkview, WV 25071
Phone - 304-965-3373 
Fax - 304-965-1106 
email - wvvma@aol.com

This Phone:  965-3373 has been changed to 437-0497

Offline Leah-n-boy-os

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2005, 05:19:45 pm »
I called the vet who did this to tell them I wanted my original check back (I began to think about them sending me a counter check instead of mine) and they said they would send it back.  They pointed out that I only put "Petra" on the check and it was my word against theirs that I had wanted her put to sleep!!!  They told me it was time for her booster shots and she had to be wormed!!!  They are covering their behinds right now.

I told them I had posted to a website that I was going to have her put to sleep and several people had seen it and they said that was no proof of action. 

WHAT JERKS!!!

Ok, if they want to play that game with you....how much do booster shots and worming cost then? Why did you have to pay $$$ amount, and why didn't they point out the overpayment at the time that you left? Why did they have to keep Petra "overnight" for a simple bout of of shots? Where is your signature autorizing them to sedate her for this "simple" procedure.

I dunno about the rest of y'all's Vets, but mine have a form that I have to sign before they will do any treatments to my crew.

Hope these arguments help in some way, my thoughts are with you.
Leah and the Boy-os
Apollo (Akita/St. Bernard)
Zeus (Heinz 57)
Onyx (Newfoundland)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Being owned by Big Paws just indicates how big your heart is.

located - Gig Harbor, WA

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2005, 06:56:09 pm »
WHAT JERKS!!!

Why would it matter what you had wrote on the check?  Don't you get an itemized  receipt (either printed or hand written) from your vet when you pay for services?

Offline my3dogs

• Leader of the Pack
  • Daisy - FEB 2006
    • View Profile
    • Blossoming Daisy
« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2005, 07:03:33 pm »
WHAT JERKS!!!

Why would it matter what you had wrote on the check?  Don't you get an itemized  receipt (either printed or hand written) from your vet when you pay for services?

I usually do get an itemized bill that includes reminders and such.
But I have to admit that this past August when we had to let our cat go I did not leave my vet with a receipt.  I signed a release before the procedure, I wrote a check to pay for the procedure, and after it was done my family and I left with tears in our eyes.  I've used this vet for years and would never think that I would need a receipt for such a procedure.

Just my experience.
-Wendy
"As long as the world is turning and spinning, we're gonna be dizzy and we're gonna make mistakes." - Mel Brooks
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/164179

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2005, 07:11:48 pm »
I have always gotten the print out before even going into the room with the animal...guess thats due to the fact I never "trust" any vet or other service provider for that matter to not turn around a month later and say I did not pay.

Offline nohesnotahorse

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2005, 07:39:29 pm »
Sherry, I'm so sorry that all this is happening.  We'll keep you in our thoughts.
Tom, Overwhelmed, Overrun and Overruled by Feste, Chance and Puck!
'Aide toi et Dieu t'aidera.' (God helps those who help themselves.)
'Fortes fortuna juvat.' (Fortune favors the brave.)

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2005, 09:17:33 pm »
This whole situation is just simply crazy,  I was telling my vet about it today as I had Shadow back in for shots, another check up and he said he has heard other vets at conventions etc talk about this type of thing.  He said it is morally and ethically wrong.  If you will lie about something as HUGE as euthanizing a loved companion what else will you do?  I am truly so sorry for what you are going through.
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2005, 09:20:35 pm »
I spoke to Nicki on the phone today, when she told me about this, I was glad I sat down, this is horrible, way way way illeagal and unethical.

I actually have heard of this before, a person who adopted a cat from MCR I worked as Case Manager for, had had a dog that happened to, that they had for a reason decided that they needed to put the dog to sleep. But didnt.

anyway this vet ended up, I am not quite sure for how long but I think for 6 months, loosing his license. I know I thought it sucked, becuause he should never have gotten it back at all.

He was also charged with attempting to steal the dog, and of course breaking a bunch of laws.

If I have understood this correct..... You sherry were in there with her, the vet said the heart had stopped and  she was pts. Then call you to say the head was sent off. Sooooo there is not way in h.... that there can be a too small of a dose, first of all, a vet check and double check and check for a really long time that the heart has really stopped, no vet would ever give a dose that could be in the neighborhood or borderline to "just enough" they give enought to pts, a couple of dogs that size, just because they never ever want to be in a situation where the animal in fact is not pts.

Second, if the call and say the heas is sent off, did they by accident send another head???? Think not. This is all a scam, no way it can be a mistake, NO F...ING WAY.

It is not only unethical, it is highly illegal.

If they want to play the ugly game, I saw a post with good questions, like why in the world did she stay the night after a shot and worming, worming by the way is always done at home, they just give the meds for you to bring home. And why was she sedated so hard for shot???? AND all the vets I have ever been to would never sedate, do surgery or any other major without a release form that is how they cover their backs if anything should go wrong.

I know you have called the cops, you should make a formal complaint and have them come out or you go there and have it in writing, they need to investigate illegal actions. Second please call AVMA and the HSUS and file offical complaints, also AKC has legal support and people who can help you with going further with this, so will and can AVMA and HSUS.

You need to mop the floor with these vets. and I am sure a whole bunch of us will help you.

I am so sorry this is happening to you

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline queenkofsnow

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2005, 09:28:57 pm »
I agree with Marit completely.... .and if they did this to you they have most likely done this to others.  And, just because one attorney won't take your case there are others that will.  I wonder if there is a site for legal questions.  All of us up in Minnesota are with you on this!!!   Hugs just arent' enough for what you are going through. 

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2005, 09:38:58 pm »
Here!  Here!!!  You said it all so well, Marit!  And Sherri...let's go get 'em!

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2005, 09:46:52 pm »
I don't even know what to think about this. I am so sorry you have to go through this.

I don't want to step on anyone's toes here, and I'm new and don't know the whole story behind Petra. I'm probably what you would call a secular humanist—this isn't a religious or moral thing—but I can't help thinking there's a reason for it. I know that's probably silly.

Either way, I cannot believe the vet did that to you, and I would, by all means, report them to the BBB and vet licensing board/assoc. That is disturbing.

You and Petra are in my thoughts. You are very strong.