Author Topic: Petra...come on..... seriously people  (Read 9954 times)

Offline BabsT

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Petra...come on..... seriously people
« on: December 14, 2005, 05:38:02 pm »
You mean to tell me that you rescued a Neo from a rescue organization, dog had serious aggressive issues bit vets, yourself daugter, almost grandson and god knows who else...you were going to give it to a handicapped excop and his friend that trains dogs was going to train it into a guarddog meanwhile he lives in a tiny apartment with no yard and his last dog was shot and killed....then you decided to have the dog put down, the vet (in which the dog bit) wanted to give the dog to his friend and had another vet put the dog down.  You stayed there until the dog was fully down and went home and then they called to tell you they chopped the dogs head off but now you found the dog alive and is now at home resting comfortable with oxygen on your couch....You know I thought it always sounded off but I spoke my true feelings and got yelled at for it but I dont care...you are a fake

You people have all been taken for a ride.....

By the way...How is the Neo pup that you got a the pet store back in august of 04 that has such issues at 8 weeks old  remember this....

I just bought a Neapolitan Mastiff and already own a Great Dane. I need some advice with or contact w/people who have Nea's. I haven't named HIM yet and he's the hardest family member to house train. He is VERY active, is playing with our huge female (spayed) Dane and he is aggressive but small (2 months old.) I'm concerned about house training already and his playing with our Dane (she's HUGE.) He is the hardest pet I've ever trained. I've had Great Danes and Irish Wolfhounds, usually one at a time. Our second Dane lived to 13 yrs of age and our 3rd Dane is almost 3. He is strong-willed too, even at this young age. He's the first puppy I've gotten at a pet store and cannot locate the breeders. The sire is Hurd's Doctor Blueboy and the Dam is Hurd's Elvira. Anyone know who this breeder(s)? Reputation, puppy temperment, health issues. Any leads? I love him already! He's gray with Blue gray eyes.

Zero 23mth  Central Asian Ovcharka
Anchara 16mth old Caucasian Ovcharka

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Petra...come on..... seriously people
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 05:50:51 pm »
Thank you Babs.
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline Maggie's Mom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Maggie, Simon and Oscar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005, 05:52:55 pm »
OK, I'm new here people, but who the F@$% makes up a story like that???  I don't know anyone on here well enough to make any judgements, but I sincerely hope that this is not a freaking joke!  On the other hand, I don't really want all this to be real either.  It's a lose/lose either way, but lying to everyone would be worse.   ???
Stacy, Wes, and Maggie (Great Dane)

GR8DAME

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2005, 05:53:23 pm »
Babs, I agree. This has been quite a roller coaster ride but I am ready to get off as well. Stella
« Last Edit: December 14, 2005, 05:56:42 pm by GR8DAME »

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2005, 05:55:55 pm »
until we know what's going on for sure...please let's not get irrate. 

Offline Winslow 151

• Paw-meister
  • Winslow at 6 Months
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2005, 05:58:19 pm »
Interesting, I'm posting to get the e-mail update. I agree something smells fishy and not just the gas from another posters Pup!!
Happy Tails to All
Winslow's Dad

Offline cuttles/sadieMay

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2005, 06:00:12 pm »
OK! We need some sort of proof either way then! You have to admit this does sound very off the wall! And it just seems to be getting juicier and juicier all the time! AND THESE ARE THE PAWS OF OUR LIVES!!!!!!
cuttles

Offline BabsT

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2005, 06:01:48 pm »
I am not getting Irrate but I will call a spade a spade.   The only times the moderators have to speak with me is over this dog...I questioned her from her first disturbing post months ago.

Why doesnt she mention that she has a 1.5 male Neo...how did she put a dog to sleep without rescue saying ok.

I can go on but read the story and tell me how it is true
Zero 23mth  Central Asian Ovcharka
Anchara 16mth old Caucasian Ovcharka

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2005, 06:02:01 pm »
thank you for understanding.  Let's not add any fuel to the fire so to speak until the doubts you have raised have been put to rest. 

Offline jupiterjenny

• Ankle Biter
  • Daisy Mae
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2005, 06:31:18 pm »
huh!?? this whole thing smells of bullsh@t.  I have worked in vet hospitals, as well as animal shelters most of my life- and we NEVER cut a dogs head off unless required by the state for a rabies check ( meaning the dog was impounded by the city/state for suriously biting someone, and ONLY after being quarintined for the seven days it takes rabies symtoms to show up in the dogs behavior- and ONLY if the  dog actully seemed to be rabies positive.) It's really expensive to send out the brain for rabies analisis- and we always had to send it to a vet college or lab- i don't know of any vet that would ever do this for a client on a whim. or really at all.
as to the whole dog euth'd- but not euth'd thing...what ever. i really don't belive a word of it. the story is sooo full of holes. a bloodtest to test for seditive drugs..yay right. 
this dog dosn't look very neo..too small- cano corso? fila? maybe- which would explan the aggression. This dog sounds a bit young- i say get a great dog trainer/behaviorist! this dog sounds dominate- but trainable!!
ok..i'll stop ranting now.... but i hate stories the feed on our fears- when your dog is euthinized at the vet- its dead. the vet is not tricking you, or trafficing your animals. If the vet had reservations about euthinizing the dog.he would of told you.  if the story is true..then i'm sorry- but but your story is unclear as to how you figured out the dog was not put to sleep..just the whole damn thing is nutty then a fruitcake..
Check out my art work!
www.jupiterjen ny.deviantart. com

smohr

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2005, 06:35:24 pm »
:-[  I am sorry you feel this way.  I'm sorry I  posted all the problems with Petra.  I'm sorry it's too "bizarre" for me to even believe and let sink in today.

I did have Brody, a blue Neo from Aug 04 til April 05 and when my Lady (dane) was diagnosed w/bone cancer in her leg, a couple that my daughter knows took Brody in (it was supposed to be until Lady passed away.)  When I had Lady euthanized this summer (I posted that on the board) I had been visiting Brody often, but he had gotten attached to the couple and they were attached to him (they cannot have children) so in his interest I let them keep him (under a contract) and I can visit when I like.  Brody wasn't put to sleep.  He was the sweetest dog I could have asked for - nothing compared to Petra.

I got Petra from a rescue, and they don't want her back because of the biting.  They are located in Newtown, PA (American Bulldog Rescue - Jodi Specter - if you'd like to contact her.  I've spoken w/her and she knows the situation) and won't come here to pick her up to just take her back to put her down.  I wanted to be with her when she went "to sleep" and not strangers. 

She looked like she wasn't breathing when I left her yesterday and I thought she had died.  I am not taking anyone "for a ride" and I'm sorry anyone thinks so.  It has been too much to bear the past 24 hours and posting and reading has helped.  I thought I'd found some "friends" here, but I was wrong.  Who could make this up????  Just be careful of your vet is all I can say.  I've been with this same group of vets since 1981 and thought I could trust them.

I'm sorry I've burdened anyone with anything.  I'll deal w/it by myself.  Thanks for all the times I've laughed and the funny stuff I have loved here.

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2005, 06:39:48 pm »
Smohr, why don't you just tell us who the vets are?  ???  That would clear everything up.

Sofia

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2005, 06:41:33 pm »
Sherri

Please don't go, not everyone feels like you are taking us for a ride. I certainly don't feel this way. And there is lots of us that feel like that too. We want to be here for you and we care.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)