Author Topic: SOO PI**ED....VENT!!  (Read 18765 times)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: SOO PI**ED....VENT!!
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2006, 09:22:39 pm »
I've figured it out!!!

Without their elegantly pointed Vulcan ears, they're incognito! 

Hahahaha! Mr. Spock would be proud of your revelation.  :D
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2006, 09:47:42 pm »
Memphis, luckily, never  been called a pitbull, he HAS been called a Doberman, a boxer, a german shepard... And, zero, my bull terrier, has been called Pit bull, and rottwieler... like ok, he hasnt got a pitbull face, i dont care what anyone says... lol. and rottwieler.. well, come on...
Also, @ work the other day, we have a photo of a Dogo on our wall, and this guy comes in, and says HEEEEY Scooby Doo! i said "what" he pointed to the dogo and said "Thats a scooby doo dog" i said "uhm, no thats a dogo, scooby's a dane" he said "that IS a dane".... what stupid people there are out there...
About the yard thing. if there is 2 ways to the house, ie. back yard and front door... why the heck dont they use the front LOL i tell people, my front yard is fenced b/c of dogs, use my back door. i lock my fence, because i dont want visitors to accidently not shut the gate and the boys get loose... happened once...  :-\
jodi
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Dobe SDs

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2006, 12:36:59 pm »
[People are really just that ignorant.  There is no way to explain them..you must just sit back and watch and sometimes take notes.]

And pray they don't reproduce!!!!

Offline jupiterjenny

• Ankle Biter
  • Daisy Mae
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2006, 02:29:23 pm »
wow! thats scary!!! I have had people ask why my dog is so thin..and other such stupidness- but to get the police involved!!
and i have learned to love the -aww poor girl dosn't know thats not a great dane- look i get from people when i tell them what kind of dog daisy is.
you just have to accept that the vast mojority of people out there are very ignorant.
Check out my art work!
www.jupiterjen ny.deviantart. com

Offline mrpuppy

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2006, 05:27:10 am »
LOOK IF THEY CAN MISTAKE A NEWFIE.BLACK,FOR A SAINT BERNARD THAN i GUESS THEY CAN DO ANYTHING!
bear,14 month old newfie,140 pounds (estimated)

Offline The Brindle Pack

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2006, 09:11:37 am »
With my guys being brindle I get this frequently.  Not so much with Tyra anymore now that she stands about 34".  Tucker probably does have some pit in him but we always pass him off as a dane/lab mix.  As for Scooter, your guess is as good as mine....we have no idea what he is.

Not sure if this has been posted here but here are a couple links.  Can you find the pit  bull?

http://members.aol.com/radogz/find.html

http://www.mnp13.com/FindThePitBull/FindThePitBull.aspx

Offline deafdanelvr

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2006, 03:18:56 pm »
Hi! Tonka is so adorable. It is amazing how many people have never seen a great dane and know nothing about them. I would be so mad too if that happened. I have lived on base several times and all I can say is people on base are way to nosey and all up in your business poking around in things they know nothing about!!! Good luck keeping the pesty people out of your yard!!

Offline lokibud

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2007, 07:45:37 pm »
First of all as a fellow service member stationed in italy i know how you feel. i do not live on base but the people in my area could report me if they think i am neglecting my dog. then the itialin "human socity" will come and take my dog with no notice, no letter stationg where my dog is or how to get him back. or they can report me if he barks during their "quite hours." but as far as the SP's go they have every right to enter your yard without premission while on duty but it was not their place to get in your business. i get people all the time telling me how to raise my dog expecially when i bring him on base. the itialins can take their dogs ANYWHERE, restraunts, markets, sporting events, i even saw a mini poodle in a hospital. but i cant walk my rott throu the middle of my town without the carbanari trying to give me a ticket. so i do feel your pain dont let the SP's ruin your day because they all hate their jobs and take it out on every one else.

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2007, 08:31:18 pm »
Welcome to the world of military living.  So far I have learned that nothing makes sense, rules are made for no apparent reason, and most make no sense.  I found out recently why government jobs are so envied by all.  The government cannot fire you, no matter how crappy of a job you do.  I'm 100% serious.  You cannot be fired for being incompetent, so basically none of the civilians they hire do anything (not that this has anything to do with the topic, but it irks me to no end)

I know this thread is older...but LMAO I had to laugh at your statement...it is soooo true. My hubby was active military for 15 years...I lived in a military comunity for the past 7 years...Thank god I refused to live on post when he suggested applying for post housing after we got married. All the house wifes have NO lives and like nothing better than to gossip and start trouble for everyone in their area. LOL Then The MPs get HUGE egos and think they can just do whatever they want. LOL
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

Offline SirdanceAlot

• Ankle Biter
  • Im to sexy for this floor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2007, 10:24:51 pm »
(crazy,insane,evil,laugh)  Military life.  I to am Active Duty Air Force, out here in Germany.  Im lucky enough to live off base.  In germany you are not allowd to leave your dog outside, and or Tied up.  they have strict rules for leaving your dog outside.  As for on-base housing, you live by military rules and the number one rule is you have no rights and no privacy.  ;D  Gots to love the good ol military. (sarcastic grin)

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2007, 04:56:29 am »
I would be totaly flaming mad! some one in the area called it in? post a big sign outside your house that says he's a Great dane! and he's suposed to look like that! people are so incredibly stupid!
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline AltDeutsche

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2007, 05:50:55 am »
(crazy,insane,evil,laugh)  Military life.  I to am Active Duty Air Force, out here in Germany.  Im lucky enough to live off base.  In germany you are not allowd to leave your dog outside, and or Tied up.  they have strict rules for leaving your dog outside.  As for on-base housing, you live by military rules and the number one rule is you have no rights and no privacy.  ;D  Gots to love the good ol military. (sarcastic grin)
hehehe we live In Germany too, and just moved off post. Fought many years to get here. And we have tied up Joker outside because we are afraid he will go onto the neighbors roof again. We are working on it with him to stay only in our yard. We know if he truely wanted to get out he could. This thread has been a great laugh... I can't see a Dane ever being a APBT even when a puppy. I had never seen a Dane until we went and got Joker. Only in photos and on tv. lol I was shocked at how skinny he was and love that he has put on a few pounds on a good diet. But really? Danes being APBT? hahaha
Danielle
Mace Sable Coated GSD 02/08
Rex Sable Coated GSD 02/08