Author Topic: Getting a USA dog into Canada  (Read 5629 times)

Blair

Getting a USA dog into Canada
« on: January 01, 2006, 11:32:22 pm »
Well we are starting to plan our Summer Vacation to Vermont already, and Canada is on our list. Ben told me I could maybe bring Grey with us [Zeus doesnt do well in car rides for a long drive], but wanted me to find out what we needed to get Grey into Canada just for a visit. Is it hard to get them in there? What info will we need to bring?

Offline queenkofsnow

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: Getting a USA dog into Canada
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2006, 11:36:27 pm »
All you need to take your dog to Canada is his current rabies vacine.  I cross all the time without a problem....the y have been very nice.  And a dog too young for vaccine only needs a vets letter stating the dog is too young.  I didn't have a problem with either.

Blair

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2006, 11:42:11 pm »
Oh thats easy...woohooo .....Ben was thinking it was going to be hard....Anyone wants to visit LOL

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2006, 12:40:15 pm »
Judge and Sadie are both American born bIG DOGS and we crossed the border with no problems at all. They didnt even ask about the dogs. They were pups though and too young for rabies shots. If I were you I would go onto the Canadian Government web page and see what laws there are for brining dogs across the border.  Im very confident that everyone who replied is right but Id check just to be sure. No one wants to be held up at the border.
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket