Author Topic: Emotional wreckage.  (Read 18935 times)

dohertyswissy

Re: Emotional wreckage.
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2006, 01:11:51 pm »
I've been thinking a lot about Darwin.  Any news?

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2006, 02:20:19 pm »
OK. NEWS.
I just got an email from the other half of the family. Apparently the first email that was sent to me about them wanting to return Darwin was an exaggeration and a result of a minor "domestic dispute" of sorts.  :P Things were supposedly blown out of proportion.
And there seems to have been a lack of communication between family members.

Apparently now everything is fine and they think Darwin's urinating is behavioral due to one of their other dogs going downhill with cancer. Apparently the dog with cancer has been getting most of the attention lately and they think Darwin is jealous. They are telling me now that Darwin gets spoiled in their house and they take the very best care of him.

I am still confused. But I am trying to be very understanding.  :-[

The hardest part was getting my hopes up about the possibility of getting him back. But as long as Darwin is safe and being taken care of, and they love him, I can't just go get him back because I want him.

Don't get me wrong, I am still planning on going over for a visit!! And make sure everything is ok! And if it looks good, and Darwin looks good and happy, well I guess that is a happy ending.

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2006, 02:25:02 pm »
I hope that everything is OK with him. I know that you want him back, who wouldn't he is so handsome. I hope that the visit goes well and that they are taking awesome care of him. When are you going to visit him?

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2006, 02:31:58 pm »
When are you going to visit him?

Nina

Probably sometime this weekend.

Yeah, I guess best case scenario is that it really truly was all a misunderstandi ng... maybe a result of the stress of their other dog has cancer. I hope Darwin is happy. I still feel like I have been through the emotional wringer!

Anakalia

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2006, 03:30:33 pm »
OH YEAH!!!  I'm so glad you're going to go visit him, that makes me super happy and I'm thinking you're probably happy as well!  It's upsetting that their other dog has cancer I bet their emotions are just going crazy right about now! :'(

I know you still feel frustrated and stressed out by this but I hope your visit will help with those feelings, I hope you have a great time visiting that gorgeous boy!! ;D

Andi

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2006, 03:38:07 pm »
I'm so relieved for you - and very happy I was wrong. Let us know how things went during your visit. I'm sure he'll be happy to see you again, too.
Jeanne
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Emotional wreckage.CONTINUED!!!!!
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2006, 07:30:04 pm »
I can't even believe it, but the story continues!!!! I started this thread forever ago, January I think? And now it's June. Well, we never did get to go visit Darwin back then, we wanted to wait until there was closure with their dog with cancer, so we were putting it off (but it turns out she made complete recovery). Then they started sending us emails saying Darwin was doing great and they actually sent me some pictures finally. So we were relieved, and as a result we ended up adopting Leeloo, 'cause for crying out loud, we needed a Dane in the home!!! ;)

Well. Tonight I got an email. The couple has separated, and Darwin is being given up!!!!!! :o And incidentally, so is their other Great Dane!!!! :-[ Well, Will and I have a few more pack members now than we did back then! As in... it would be pretty tough to bring home another dog at this point!
I can't believe this is happening. I haven't written the guy back. I left a message with the rescue lady.

We are about to move to GA, we have a huge pack of dogs, and here tonight I find out Darwin needs a home... again. What is the Universe trying to do to me??? Is this some bizarre test?? I have no idea what to do, and Will is a tad bit fed up with me. :'( Thanks for letting me vent. :-[

doggylover

« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2006, 07:37:34 pm »
Can someone please explain to me what the h3ll is WRONG with PEOPLE?  DOGS ARE NOT FURNITURE YOU DISPOSE OF WHEN YOU ARE INCONVENIENCED .  HOLY &$*(^&(^$  what would these people do if these were skinbabies instead of furbabies?  Throw them out?  Put them up for adoption?  This makes me insane.  I HATE PEOPLE.  Not BPO people, not my hubby, but EVERYONE ELSE.  So now, two dogs who are bonded to eachother and these two adults will have their hearts broken. 

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2006, 09:04:14 pm »
Thanks for the support. I am hoping that tomorrow I will feel more clear-headed and perhaps the answers will be more obvious. :-\

Well, the bright side is that one way or another I am going to see Darwin very soon. :)

Offline cuttles/sadieMay

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2006, 10:04:58 pm »
I dont really have any advice but I hope you can come up with the best solution for everyone.
Good Luck!  :)
People like that do not deserve to be pet owners or PARENTS!!!!
Carole

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2006, 10:12:50 pm »
OMG!  Yep, that e-mail in January was a definite warning for what was to come.
You must really love Darwin.  In my dream world, you would get Darwin and the other Dane and live happily ever after.  I know, wake up.  Well, I hope whatever you decide to do will work best for everyone.  It really sounds like Darwin could use a loving FOREVER home.  He sure has been shuffled a great deal.
Tessie - Belladonna's and Mojo's Mom

Blair

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2006, 11:58:45 pm »
Poor Darwin  :( Please keep us updated on what happens to him.

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2006, 11:37:32 am »
UPDATE AS OF TODAY.

The rescue lady and I are going to go reclaim Darwin this weekend. Will and I are going to care for him and make sure he is healthy and see what his current needs are. We'll keep him here until we move, and we will be looking for a new foster for him in the meantime, unless of course we kidnap him and take him with us to GA! ;)
It's hard to explain how I feel, I'm not worried, I am just so excited that I will have a chance to care for him again, even if it's just for a little while.

Meanwhile... I think we found Sammy a home!!! Fingers crossed that he will be going there this weekend, where he will have a Dane girlfriend to play with!!! I am so psyched for him!!!! ;D

Also meanwhile, I am trying desperately to think of somewhere that the other merle Dane can go, the female who has Addisons and went through cancer treatment! :o AAAHHHH!!! Great Danes everywhere!!!!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 11:50:57 am by doghealer »

Kiahpyr

« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2006, 11:40:59 am »
Busy Busy! I'm so happy that you'll have Darwin back. We'll miss Sammy! Remember to tell his new family about bpo so we can get updates.

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2006, 11:50:21 am »
Busy Busy! I'm so happy that you'll have Darwin back. We'll miss Sammy! Remember to tell his new family about bpo so we can get updates.

DEFINITELY. I think that will be in the contract... if she adopts Sammy she has to give us regular pictures!!!! ;D

The next few days are going to be CRAZY over here! I am already freaking out at the thought of Sammy moving on, but Darwin will be here! Holy cow!!!!! :D