Author Topic: Emotional wreckage.  (Read 18936 times)

dohertyswissy

Re: Emotional wreckage.
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2006, 12:36:08 pm »
I'm sooo glad that it seems like things are working out.  Darwin is such a lucky pup to have a guardian angel like you!

I don't know how you do it girl...I'd have to keep them all!!!

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2006, 01:00:38 pm »
WOW!!!  Kinda makes you wonder if his behavior in Jan was a result of the stress going on in the home.  Good luck with getting all the dogs in a row before your move  :o
Daphne

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2006, 01:06:46 pm »
WOW!!!  Kinda makes you wonder if his behavior in Jan was a result of the stress going on in the home.  Good luck with getting all the dogs in a row before your move  :o
I just want her to get the dogs all in a row for a picture!!!!!!!! ;D Great news on Darwin & Sammy! ;D

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2006, 01:36:57 pm »
I find it TOTALLY disturbing that these people will give up a dog who has gone through, and thank God recovered, a traumatic experience with them.  It's great that you will get to have Darwin again, I am praying hard for the other Dane now!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2006, 11:24:32 pm »
Wow!  What a rollercoaster!  One goes out, one comes in.  Big events!     

doggylover

« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2006, 11:33:43 pm »
I am so happy for you, and for Darwin.  I too am sick and sad for the other Dane. 
You are a wonderful person.  Darwin is a very lucky dog. 
 ;)

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2006, 07:13:37 am »

Can the rescue you work with take the female Dane?

I was hoping they would take her, but the lady is very leery of taking in another Dane right now. She didn't expect to have Darwin back, and she has something like 27 other fosters (that's a lot!). Sammy has been in rescue for almost a year, and he is a healthy dog... meaning... if it takes that long for a healthy Dane to be adopted... how long would it take for a 5 year old with Addison's disease? :-\

So I have contacted 2 other Dane rescues and it's possible that Great Creatures Rescue will be able to take Annie. Also I have been spreading the word about her to everyone I can think of, just in case there is a home out there that she could go right into.

I haven't spoken to Sammy's new potential mommy on the phone, that isn't part of my job. But I will be there for the home visit. Which we are hoping will be tomorrow. Sammy has become such a great friend to me... but this is what we've been waiting for!!! :) :'( :)

And of course I can't wait to see my pal DARWIN!!!!  ;D

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2006, 02:38:19 pm »
I was just reading some posts hadn't even signed on; but after reading this thread I had to sign on just to say:

You are a wonderful and caring person!!  The world could use so many more of you!!

Keep up the great work

Randy & Harleyb

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2006, 09:50:16 pm »
I'm so sorry to hear that Darwin is getting shuffled around again.  I'm hoping he and the other dane can finally find good, permanent homes.

I am glad that you will be caring for him in the meantime.  I'm sure he will be very happy to see you.

And congrats on finding Sammy a home.  Had to check out his pawprint as I didn't remember him and he certainly looks like a real doll.

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2006, 10:53:41 pm »
Thanks for all the great support, you guys. ;D

I am actually a little on edge right now because I don't know when Sammy is leaving... could be tomorrow... I am so nervous! And of course had some really special moments with Sam earlier, I was just petting him and I started crying, and he looked up at me with his big brown eyes, and he put his paw on my leg and he licked my face. That kind of love is priceless. He is one of the most devoted dogs I have ever met.

I can't get Darwin until Sammy goes, but when Sammy goes I might not ever see him again, so one the one hand I am ready and the other I am not!

And just heard some terrible news a while ago, Annie the merle female is still in danger with her cancer, so no rescue groups will take her. :-[ I don't know what will happen. This is when that voice in my head comes and starts saying "you can't save them all, Rebekah"...