Author Topic: Need some Help  (Read 2795 times)

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
Need some Help
« on: January 17, 2006, 06:51:03 pm »
I am going to call the new vet that we want to see, but I want to have some questions prepaired. What sort of questions do you guys think I should ask?

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Need some Help* UPDATE
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 07:57:47 pm »
Well I called the  holistic vet and the receptionist was WONDERFUL. She gave me all the info without me really asking. I told her about what happened with Dilbert and she said that they should have sent us to the emergency right away.  She told me all about the titer testing, and she said that they only vaccinate if it is absolutly necessary and if needed then it is done over a span of time. So I had a great talk with her and am excited to meet the vet and ask all the questions I have about Raw diet and supplements ect. And we get a whole 30 mins with the vet. I am so used to the 10-15 min vaccinate then out the door all for $80.00.

Nina
« Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 07:58:24 pm by Nina »
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: Need some Help
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 08:03:02 pm »
Nina
Sounds great. Hope everything works out with your new vet. Let us know how it goes after your visit.
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Need some Help
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 08:41:06 pm »
Thanks.
They are more expensive, but cost doesn't matter to us. Getting the best care does. She gave me the price for the titer (sp?) tests For canine $93.00 for rabies is $167.00 Harley just got her rabies vaccine last year and it is the 3 year one so we don't need to worry about that. And she may not even need the titer test this year.

For feline (Joe has a appointment on Feb 3) The titer test is $89 rabies is the same price as dog. She said that because Joe is an indoor cat they don't do that test because they don't vaccinate indoor cats for rabies. She also said the titer test doesn't need to be done every year, I am going to double check on that one to make sure.

They have 2 types of appointments a 30 min one for $50 where they do a general physical exam, and you can speak to the vet ask ect.
And an hour long exam for $145 they do a more indepth exam and accupuncture message and herbal remedies.
Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)