Author Topic: Will brought home a Dane!! And she's skinny!!!  (Read 13744 times)

Offline Senghe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: Will brought home a Dane!! And she's skinny!!!
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2006, 11:12:59 am »
Awww - poor girl - she looks like a greyhound in her body. Hope her health concerns are not too serious and she's chubby and healthy soon. She's that thin, I'd definitely feed her very small meals 4 or 5 times a day at the moment as too much too soon can cause more harm than good.

I'm sure her new name will suggest itself to you in a day or two.

Kiahpyr

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2006, 11:15:38 am »
Congrats!!! She's beautiful!

Icerotti

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2006, 12:00:54 pm »
AW, she is a sweetheart. She looks happy to have found her forever home.  ;D

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2006, 12:08:40 pm »
Wow, she really does look a lot like Matilda!! :D
She thanks everyone for the big welcome! She has just jumped on the back of my chair and is squished behind me in a space about big enough for a shih-tzu!!!

Everybody has such great advice. Anky, thanks for the warning about stuffing her with satin balls too fast. Honestly I was just thrilled to see her eat her breakfast today! It's obvious she wasn't getting proper care in her previous home. One thing is for sure though, she was allowed on couch AND bed, because as soon as she got here, she helped herself to the comfiest spots!!!! :D

She does look very greyhound-like. We took her and all the others to an empty baseball field so they could meet on neutral turf, and she is so fast and graceful when she runs! It's amazing.

We are so excited to have her here! My camera is taking horrible pictures right now but I promise better ones soon. She played with her first toy here a while ago, and air-kong, and at first she just pranced around with it in her mouth. She is such a sweetie!!! ;D

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2006, 02:01:51 pm »
How exciting! You finally got your own Dane!

Deena

P.S. We saw a Dane for the first time in person when one escaped from a neighbor's backyard.  He was black with a white chest. He was really skinny too, but he had been depressed and not eating enough for a little while.

k2campbell

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2006, 02:37:01 pm »
What a beautiful face!  Congratulation s (and) bless your heart for saving her.  Best of luck putting weight on - she should have a nice full belly in no time!  ;)

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2006, 02:37:37 pm »
Wow I wonder why so many Danes are skinny? The ones I have fostered have never been all that interested in eating either.

The new news is... we named her!!! "Leeloo"!!! It's from the Fifth Element, a movie that Will and I really like. And it is a really fun name to say!!! :D

So I got some pictures with Will's camera and you can see her color and everything a little better in these. She is getting along really well with everyone except she hasn't really learned to appreciate Nigel just yet...  ;) I'm sure she'll come around. There are a lot of family members around here to get used to!!! It's amazing though she is already really bonded to Will, and she gets upset if he leaves the room!

Holly, I don't think we'll get tired of her but if we do, we'll keep you in mind!!! ;)
Ok, here's Leeloo!!!

k2campbell

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2006, 02:43:11 pm »
Ok, here's Leeloo!!!
[/color]

GREAT name - and oh my - does she ever look at home in that chair!!!

Offline hairprincessnyu

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2006, 05:40:29 pm »
Rebekah, you just have the biggest heart, it has enough love for absolutly any animal in need! Your new girl is beautiful, I love the latest pictures of her  :D
True love is being gone all day, and coming home to a dog who licks your face.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2006, 07:40:49 pm »
Love the pics.  Gorgeous girl you have there.

Kiahpyr

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2006, 08:35:20 pm »
I love her name! That's also one of Brad's favorite movies. I love her pink collar! She looks gorgeous!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2006, 08:36:40 pm by Tajsa »

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2006, 10:42:21 am »
Hehe... yes I think it's time to put up a "NO VACANCY" sign out in front of our house!!! :D
I am so glad Rollie approves of our new addition!  ;D I am so happy to have all this girlie energy around here now!!!

Thanks, Jackie for all your support! We can all feel the love!!! :D :D
And Leeloo thanks everybody for all the compliments... she is a happy girl!!!
 :)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2006, 11:34:20 am »
I hate it when I can't log in on the weekend - I miss all the good stuff!! Congratulation s, Rebekah! She is gorgeous, and she looks like she's made herself right at home. I can't wait to hear more about Leeloo and, of course, see lots more pictures of the whole furry family.

Jeanne
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Blair

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2006, 12:00:08 pm »
Congrats on the new doggie, she is beautiful  :) And i am sure you will have her in good health in no time.

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2006, 03:04:57 pm »
Congratulation s on Leeloo!  She is darling and I'm sure she'll thrive with you and Will to care for her.  I love her name!