Author Topic: Food Question Please - Puppy to Adult Food...  (Read 7924 times)

Gypsy Jazmine

Re: Food Question Please - Puppy to Adult Food...
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2006, 12:33:33 pm »
Thanks!Have you decided what to change to.There are so many choices it gives me a headache! :o

I know Jules - ridiculous amounts of foods to choose from out there...

Yup - we picked up a bag of Canidea (All Life Stages) yesterday.  We have to integrate slowly (of course), but Kate was very eager to try just a little taste, she loved it!  Once she's fully onto the Canidea (probably 3 weeks or so), we'll see how she does on it... 

They weren't lying when they said it was very 'pallitable'.  Gosh, it smells so good compared to the Eukanuba Large Breed Puppy formula, honestly (not that I'm bashing the Eukanuba - Kate did just fine on that) but it smells good enough for me to even eat.  I'm not trying it though!!!

The weirdest part of all - Canidea was cheaper than the Eukanuba!  I realize that puppy formulas are more expensive to start with, but I was pleasantly surprised.  We live in Alberta, a 40lb bag of Eukanuba Large Breed Puppy formula costs $67.50 CDN, the 40lb bag of Canidea All Lifes Stages costs $51.00 CDN.  I was seriously expecting it to be more than the Eukanuba.  BUT - I'm not complaining!!!
There are alot of less expensive foods that have much better ingredient lists than Eukanuba...I've found that the foods that do less advertising are less expensive...It costs the companies big bucks to advertise on a large scale.

Offline jules

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2006, 12:36:16 pm »
WOW!Maybe Ill switch when its time to change to adult food.Whats in it thats different from Eukanuba?And come on smells good enough to eat! :P

k2campbell

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2006, 01:15:54 pm »
There are alot of less expensive foods that have much better ingredient lists than Eukanuba...I've found that the foods that do less advertising are less expensive...It costs the companies big bucks to advertise on a large scale.

You are right Gypsy Jazmine, I never even thought about the advertising bit...

k2campbell

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2006, 01:24:31 pm »
WOW!Maybe Ill switch when its time to change to adult food.Whats in it thats different from Eukanuba?And come on smells good enough to eat! :P

I'm serious Jules - it smells good (for a dog food) - doesn't smell meaty or fishy, know what I mean?  There are no fillers like Eukanuba (no grain, etc).  Here's a link to the site where the ingredients are listed:

http://www.canidae.com/dogs/all_life_stages/dry.html

Also note Gypsy Jazmine's post - I never even thought about the advertising bit making Eukanuba cost more...

All I know is that a lot of BPO members recommended it, and when we picked it up yesterday - there were two Landseer Newfs in there who's owners were also picking up Canidea.  I asked how they liked it - they said that they swear by it (and) feed it even to their pups before being placed into homes!