Author Topic: Update (and) A Great Finding!!!  (Read 8729 times)

k2campbell

Update (and) A Great Finding!!!
« on: January 19, 2006, 01:47:55 pm »
WELL - you were all right (in regards to your predictions of Kate feeling better in no time after being spayed).  Today she is back to her old self, being a happy puppy and getting into as much trouble as she can!  I am SO happy!  Thanks so much to all of you for putting up with my 'worrying', appreciate it!  ;)

I think it was Dakotamom who suggested a loose fitting t-shirt instead of the dreaded cone - thanks.  It totally works (and) I don't think Kate even notices it there.  A perfect solution!

Finally, I've been calling around all morning to find a location to buy premium dog food for Kate, as it's time to make the gradual (and slow) switch.  YAY!  After MUCH searching this morning, I've found a little privately-owned pet store right close to my work that carries Canidea!  I have looked online this morning - there are just too many foods to choose from (many of which are not available here in Alberta anyhow).  Seeing as many of you have recommended Canidea - I'm going to try it out.  Should it not work for Kate - we'll try something else (but) I'm just glad it's available somewhere where I don't need to take an hour or two drive to pick it up.  WHEW!  I've looked at Canidea's website and am impressed with their ingredients and testimonials.  Thanks all for your help  ;D
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 01:49:33 pm by k2campbell »

Kiahpyr

Re: Update (and) A Great Finding!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 01:52:56 pm »
I'm so happy to hear that Kate is back to her old shelf. Canidea is a great food! Hope she likes it!

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 01:54:50 pm »
Hey where are you located in Alberta? I'm in Edmonton and I found an awesome pert store, called G&E and it has awesome premium brands at awesome prices. Not sure if there is one near you.

Nina
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 01:55:19 pm by Nina »
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

k2campbell

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 01:58:29 pm »
NINA - you're in Edmonton?!  I'm just outside of Calgary (Airdrie)!  WOW - we should hook-up sometime!!!

No G&E out here unfortunately - BUT, found an awesome place called Tail Blazers.  Ever heard of it?

Kelly

Offline HersheysMom

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2006, 02:00:22 pm »
That is great to hear (about Kate being back to her normal self)!!  And yes, I can say that Canadae is a terrific food--I switched my Hershey to it a couple of months ago, and he has thrived on it!!  I hope your Kate does well on it, it is great stuff, and the ingredients are awesome!!  Good luck!  :D
Tricia, human mother of Hershey, born 7/6/2004

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2006, 02:07:41 pm »
I haven't heard of Tail Blazers, but it sounds great. I know how hard it is to find great quality food. I took us for ever to find a place that sold solid gold and eagle pack ect and finally we found G&E. They sell cat, dog, horse food you name it. And they also sell supplements and have a pharmacy to fill and animal prescription you may have! Thought that was pretty cool. And the price on toys is amazing. Toys that you find at any other pet store for $20 you get here for 10. I found my new fav store ;D ANd you can bring in your dog too  ;D

Kelly we should for sure meet. Woohoo  ;D We'll pick a place, either Tim and I go down to meet you or you come up here or we could do both :) Finally we can have a meet like everyone else ;D

Edit-I am so glad that Kate is feeling better, give her a big huge and kiss from me
Nina

« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 02:08:58 pm by Nina »
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

k2campbell

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2006, 02:26:33 pm »
That is great to hear (about Kate being back to her normal self)!!  And yes, I can say that Canadae is a terrific food--I switched my Hershey to it a couple of months ago, and he has thrived on it!!  I hope your Kate does well on it, it is great stuff, and the ingredients are awesome!!  Good luck!  :D

Thanks HersheysMom - I'm SO HAPPY that Kate did great with the spaying!  So glad to hear that your Hershey loves Canidea - that is excellent!  She sure is a pretty color!  ;)

k2campbell

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2006, 02:30:24 pm »
Kelly we should for sure meet. Woohoo  ;D We'll pick a place, either Tim and I go down to meet you or you come up here or we could do both :) Finally we can have a meet like everyone else ;D

Edit-I am so glad that Kate is feeling better, give her a big huge and kiss from me
Nina

Nina - that store sounds awesome!  Tail Blazers is the same type of thing (on a MUCH smaller scale though).  I can't wait to go this afternoon!  YIPPEE!  Here is their website:
http://www.tailblazerspets.com/index.html

YAY Nina - a meet will be SO MUCH FUN!  We'll no longer have to be jealous of all the other BPO meets!  For sure, we'll plan a place and time (let's say) in the spring?  When it's nicer out?  HOW FUN!!!  ;)

I gave Kate a nice big hug for you, she says "WOOF!" (Thanks)!!!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 02:31:15 pm by k2campbell »

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2006, 03:00:39 pm »

QUOTE-YAY Nina - a meet will be SO MUCH FUN!  We'll no longer have to be jealous of all the other BPO meets!  For sure, we'll plan a place and time (let's say) in the spring?  When it's nicer out?  HOW FUN!!!  ;)

I gave Kate a nice big hug for you, she says "WOOF!" (Thanks)!!!

The spring sound like a perfect time. And we could take Kate and Harley to a park. OHH I am so excited. ;D

Nina
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 03:01:19 pm by Nina »
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

k2campbell

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2006, 03:15:46 pm »

The spring sound like a perfect time. And we could take Kate and Harley to a park. OHH I am so excited. ;D

Nina

Sounds like a plan to me Nina!  I am so excited too!!!  ;)

DakotaMom

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2006, 09:29:22 pm »
I'm so glad to hear that Kate is doing well and the t-shirt is working for her. It will also save you the nasty bruising to your legs from ramming you with the collar.