Author Topic: Link to dog food info...Really Good  (Read 3673 times)

cricket36580

Link to dog food info...Really Good
« on: January 20, 2006, 12:47:19 pm »
http://www.mordanna.com/dogfood/

This has some great info on it and several wonderful links.  Makes you really think about what you're giving them...

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Link to dog food info...Really Good
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 12:56:19 pm »
I went and checked out this website.  It was very informative.  Of course after reading it and all the posts about food I am still very confused.  I am looking into changing food for my girls also.  I was looking at Merrick and Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul.  I have heard good things about Merrick but not much on Chicken Soup.  Has anyone heard first hand reviews of Chicken Soup?

Kat
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

cricket36580

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2006, 06:32:06 pm »
It was recently put on the recall list but other than that I've heard really good things.  I'm trying to stay away from corn and wheat and that's pretty difficult.

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2006, 10:37:34 pm »
Do you know when it went on the recall list?  I didn't see it listed and on their website they say that they aren't being recalled.   

Kat
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2006, 10:48:39 pm »
Chicken soup is produced at the same plant that aflatoxin was found at recently, where Diamond brands are produced. However, the recall is voluntary and chicken soup has chosen not to be included in the recall because they do not include corn and the aflatoxin is produced by corn. They have a notice about it on the chicken soup website.
http://www.chickensoupforthepetloverssoul.com/

That being said, I would personally stay away from chicken soup right now. Even though they don't include corn and have chosen not to be in the recall I am too protective of my pups to feed something that was made in the same plant as a deadly toxin.
RIP former BPO

cricket36580

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2006, 10:09:19 am »
Thanks Shangrila...I know I saw it but couldn't find any further info on it. 

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2006, 02:34:50 pm »
I went and checked out this website.  It was very informative.  Of course after reading it and all the posts about food I am still very confused.  I am looking into changing food for my girls also.  I was looking at Merrick and Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul.  I have heard good things about Merrick but not much on Chicken Soup.  Has anyone heard first hand reviews of Chicken Soup?

Kat
My friend works selling pet supplies & food...She said that the Chicken Soup was supposed to be a big money maker for the Diamond Company but it didn't go over well...I believe she said that it basically had the same ingrediants as Diamond but was more expensive...Me rrick is an awesome food!...That's what my friend feeds & her Akita mix that has allergies finally cleared up his skin condition after she started him on it...I know that Merrick is great but it is too expensive for me to feed...My dogs do really well on Premium Edge though!

Lyn

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2006, 09:13:46 pm »
Merrick had a recall also when they were producing kibble for Go Natural! So technically it was not their brand.. but still came out of their plant. If you google 'Merrick kibble recall' you'll find ton of info on it. Basically after this happened they denied that they were at fault.

I'm basically staying away from Merrick and Diamond. I just can't trust their products after hundreds on loved pets have died.